Raytheon Company has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer (SE)/Systems Integrator (Sl) who desires a rewarding position supporting an exciting and fast-paced customer mission in the McLean, VA area.
The successful Systems Engineer/Systems Integrator candidate will be a proactive, forward-leaning self-starter who possesses and applies the business knowledge, engineering, and technical expertise needed to implement the Sponsor's IT strategies across multiple complex domains. The SE/SI employs an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach requiring originality and innovation in determining how to influence, plan, organize, monitor, and validate mission needs. The SE/SI applies a system of systems thinking to optimize project/product design and development, deliver innovative approaches for systems integration, and effectively manage cost, schedule, and risk in engineering tasks supporting the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information across the full life cycle of the Intelligence Community's mission.
The SE/SI must be a critical thinker, problem solver with great attention to detail. Excellent communication and people skills are required as the candidate partners with the Sponsor's lines of businesses and FT owners to assist and advise in determining technology needs and defining IT requirements to enhance mission capabilities.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the SE/SI include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the design, development, technical review, and implementation of Sponsor's specific IT/infrastructure systems needs;
- Coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to the Sponsors network hardware, platform services, attached devices, and operating systems;
Investigate, analyze, recommend, configure, install, and test new network and infrastructure hardware and software;
- Provide support for day-to-day operations; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and engineering support for detection and correction of operational problems;
- Maintain a comprehensive and holistic system-view while addressing stakeholder security requirements. "Design-in" necessary security controls/countermeasures and "engineer-out" known or potential system vulnerabilities;
- Partner with the different lines of businesses in the Sponsor's organization; Develop and maintain network and IT infrastructure standards;
- Develop and maintain engineering and program artifacts, work products, and deliverables;
- Develop and deliver mission need/gap analyses and trade studies,
- Create quality reports and products that are thorough, detailed and able to be comprehended by Sponsor, Partner, and Stakeholders;
- Participate in required governance activities, technical reviews, peer and quality management, and risk management
- Maintain a comprehensive and holistic system-view while addressing stakeholder security requirements. "Design-in" necessary security controls/countermeasures (i.e. ICD 503 Rev3 or Rev 4) and "engineer-out" known or potential system vulnerabilities
MINIMUM MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be a US Citizen with a current/active TS/SCI with full poly on day one of employment and eligible for crossover.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics and eight (8) years of experience. Years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least ten (10) years of total intelligence community relevant work experience with at least five (5) years or more as a Lead System Engineer/Systems Integrator.
- At least seven (7) years or more of specialized, relevant technical experience in the general areas of systems engineering, systems development, hardware and software development and/or operation center engineering support.
- This position is considered for immediate hire
- Work to be performed in McLean area
- Most all positions are regular work hours however, personnel may be contacted to provide support for operational issues outside of their normal scheduled work hours
- No travel is anticipated
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.