The Systems Engineering Integration & Test(SEIT) organization requires a senior level systems Program Chief Engineer within the Secure Sensor Solutions Mission Area. The MP-RTIP Program Chief Engineer will work closely with program management and lead the development, integration and sustainment efforts and be responsible for the overall technical integrity, leadership and engineering execution across the family of MP-RTIP Programs. This leadership position requires a high degree of radar systems technical competency and creativity. Duties require the candidate be capable of leading programs that include system requirements allocation, design completion, integration, system analysis, performance analysis, critical trade studies, statistical performance modeling and predictions and data analysis to ensure system performance. The ideal candidate must be a proven and effective leader driving technical integrity in the engineering team's products and behaviors and lead identification and resolution of technical issues.
The candidate must also be able to plan and integrate R&D technologies, capital, and technical roadmaps to pursue and expand business growth for this radar product line. The successful candidate must be effective at communicating and building trust with senior Raytheon leadership and customers in order to garner the necessary sponsorship and support. The Program CE reports to the AEWRS Department Manager and is assigned to the SSS Program Area Chief Engineer.
This Chief Engineer role requires daily contact with multiple functions as well as customer counterparts. This individual will provide technical leadership, guidance and direct interfacing with customer organizations as well as working groups, contractors, and Raytheon personnel necessary to provide customers with system solutions to meet the customer needs including leadership and participation in customer and/or program technical review presentations and task progress status updates.
- 12+ years engineering experience including Radar System development
- Knowledge of Radar Systems architecture, hardware, software and system integration
- Technical leadership of peer groups, and provides technical mentoring to programs
- Conduct critical design reviews, test readiness reviews, and test review boards
- Support the development and flow down of systems requirements, error budget trees, and performance modeling, simulation and analysis
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a fast paced development environment with a number of active programs with varying program and functional priorities
- Experience in program phases from capture through development to sustainment
- Experience in risk and opportunity analysis, tracking and mitigation
- EVMS certification
- Cost Account Manager experience
- Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or Program Management experience
- Actively engages, drives change to achieve execution excellence and solve critical issues
- Strong organization, coordination, planning, and team building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
BS in Engineering
MS in Engineering
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.