The successful candidate will perform requirements definition, design, development, and integration & test of Special Test Equipment (STE) used for prime-item engineering development, production support and Satellite Communication Programs and related SAS efforts. The job consists of performing and supporting a wide-variety of in-house STE design, development, integration & test tasks to deliver test system solutions to the prime contractor and/or U.S. Government. This position will require proactive interaction and collaboration with personnel from several functional disciplines to design, build, assemble, and test the STE. The job tasks will include documentation preparation, STE concept development, schematic & wiring diagram definition, computer-aided design, SCM/supplier technical exchange, bench & laboratory testing, test automation, and product demonstration & sell-off.
- Minimum 6+ years of related work experience
- Prior experience in digital and RF design development role using COTS components to deliver test equipment solutions
- Prior design experience leading or directly participating in development of low-to-medium complexity Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA)s
- In-depth understanding of COTS computer architecture, interconnect/interfaces, and standard communication protocols
- Demonstrated ability to perform test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis with directly-relevant experience
- Extensive test automation experience with standard industry tools like TestStand, LabVIEW, and LabWindows
- Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills to enable effective personal interaction and collaboration with a multi-discipline team.
- US Citizenship required
- Current and Active DoD Security Clearance within year one of start date
- Experience in test equipment calibration, instrumentation, and environmental stimulus application (vibration and thermal profiles)
- Experience working in the engineering laboratory and transition to production environments performing STE hardware, software, & firmware integration and test activities
- Experience in Operations and Factory environments including: procedure development, test, training, transition planning, installation, and deployment
- Requirements and technical risk management
- Willingness to anticipate, drive and foster change
- Bidding and proposal experience to foster new technologies and business growth
- Demonstrated strong judgment and decision making abilities
- Schedule (IMS/IMP) development for Program planning and execution
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.