Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of AESA Radar Systems which provide the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Systems Engineering Integration and Test Center (SEIT) organization is seeking committed engineering leaders who are passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for the warfighter. This highly dynamic environment requires both speed and efficiency in addition to maintaining product quality, functionality and traceability.
This Section Manager has working familiarity with RF sensors as well as experience in end-to-end System Engineering including systems architecture, requirements management, mode development, integration, and verification of radar systems. The ideal candidate will possess experience as a technical leader that can drive technical integrity in the engineering team's products and behaviors and lead identification and resolution of technical issues.
- Partner with the Department Manager in the execution of the Center and SAS Engineering goals
- Expertise in RF systems, system engineering, and production support as well as leadership experience.
- Actively engaging with programs, ensuring program execution success in meeting technical, cost and schedule requirements
- Serves as engineering liaison to programs, development of proposals
- Establish a technical baseline and manage the maturity through pursuit, proposal, and execution phases of a Program are part of the desire qualifications.
- Developing and maintaining the technical roadmaps for their capabilities and for technical leadership of the section
- Working familiarity with the execution of technical reviews (SRRs, PDRs, CDRs, TIMS) and Independent Reviews (IRs) for gates
- Oversight of section member job assignments, performance, evaluations, recognition, and career development
- Coordinating programs staffing needs and optimizing staffing across skills and experience to meet demands for multiple programs
- Champion of Engineering best practices
- Minimum 10 years of related engineering work experience in end-to-end System Engineering
- Domain knowledge of RF System test and data collection methods, implementation, and sustainment
- System level operation for RF system products and System level test
- Proven leadership skills and experience such as leading an Integrated Product Team (IPT) or Cross Product Team (CPT)
- Experience with proposal preparation
- Advocate for the application of systems engineering across the entire product life cycle
- Experience mentoring and providing career development direction to junior engineers
- Mentoring and providing career development direction to junior engineers
- Experience building strong relationships and effectively partnering with internal resources
- Active Secret and have ability to readily obtain SSBI security clearances
- U.S. Citizenship and the minimum required U.S. Security Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- EVMS & Program Execution Experience
- Schedule (IMS/IMP) development for Program planning and execution
- Model Based System Engineering
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or related technical degree
Desired Education: Master’s degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or related technical degree
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.