***Great opportunity for current graduate students or recent graduates of a graduate program. If you are not a current student or a recent graduate, please visit our other opportunities at and apply!***
As a Defense Contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of Security Clearance and Special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of AESA Systems which provide the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Systems Engineering Integration and Test Center (SEIT) engineering organization is seeking engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for the warfighter.
- Analyzing system requirements, decomposing requirements to software subsystems, and defining testing criteria of the requirements at the software and system level
- Developing novel solutions for testing and verification of tactical and/or strategic radar system requirements.
- Design, develop, test and verify physics and effects based kinematic and RF models and simulations.
- Working with the Mode Development team to develop predictive models of mode performance in flight test
- Analyzing flight test data and validating predicted results
- Interfacing with senior-level leaders, external customers, end users & analysts
This highly dynamic environment requires both speed and efficiency in addition to maintaining product quality, functionality and traceability. Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team through strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Systems Engineer will frequently work with a diverse group of Software Engineers, Systems Engineers and RF subject matter experts and must be comfortable either working independently or as part of an integrated development team. Under the oversight of I&T Integrated Product Team (IPT) leadership and functional management, applicants will have the opportunity to lead small groups in development, integration testing and requirements verification.Required Skills:
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated capability of completing and following established procedures and schedules
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a Security Clearance.
- US Citizenship required as this position Requires an Interim Secret Clearance to begin Employment
- This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate Government Agency for non-U.S. Persons.
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- B.S. in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Related discipline; must have graduated within 18 months prior to start date.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.