Raytheon Company, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90+ years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services
At Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), we transform data into intelligence. As a leading systems and solutions provider of intelligence, security, and advanced information technologies to government customers in the United States and internationally, IIS provides the right knowledge at the right time, enabling our customers to make timely and accurate decisions to achieve mission goals of national significance.
Bring your talent and skills to the Raytheon IIS engineering team!
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and energetic Junior Software Engineer able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with the Raytheon IIS team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Working in a team environment to design, code, test, document and deliver new/modified functionality
· Coordinating with developers, testers, configuration management and system engineering to ensure successful integration with other software components.
Security Clearance - This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Positions required 2 years of professional experience.
· Proficiency in the Java or C/C++ computer programming language on a Unix/Linux platform
· Experience with scripting languages such as Perl
· Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion, Team Foundation Server (TFS))
· Familiarity with Integrated Development Environments (IDE’s)
· Knowledge of Object Oriented design
· Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
· Familiar with the software development lifecycle
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with Service-based application development
· Experience with databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Sybase)
· Experience with eXtensible Markup Language (XML)
· Experience with Virtual Machines (VM’s)
· Familiarity with agile development
· Familiarity with Design Patterns (e.g. Singleton, Model View Controller, Adapter)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred. Other STEM degrees and experience with a heavy object oriented software emphasis would be considered.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.