Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) to join our team in support of the Air Operations Center Weapons System (AOC WS) Long Term Modernization and Sustainment Program (LTM&S).
Serves as senior software engineer, possessing knowledge of software programming, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or the various sciences. The candidate must have experience and knowledge with software engineering using object oriented methodologies. The candidate will work closely with systems engineers, integrators, testers, and customers to help design, develop and support software applications throughout the modernization and sustainment lifecycle including working in an Agile DevOps framework and support to automated test and integration.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
Required Skills:Candidates must be a US Citizen and hold an active DoD Secret Security Clearance.Minimum 6 years professional in object-oriented software design and development using Java, including JUnit unit testing.Minimum 6 years professional experience JEE / J2EE experience, including Application Server (example: JBoss, Weblogic, etc.)6 years’ experience working with Microsoft Windows OS based development.Worked on an Agile DevOps team to accomplish automation of the processes using integrated tools:
- Demonstrated ability to integrate complex software and hardware subsystems and resolve identified conflicting issues.
- Support to the design, develop, integrate, and maintain new software functionality.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage previously written code and make modifications as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other disciplines (systems, networking, IS, configuration management, and test engineers) to troubleshoot and fix problems.
- Enthusiastic and energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, and sometimes pressured environment.
- Team player incorporating a team based success philosophy.
- Support the team in the completion of program and project milestones under the specific guidance of his/her immediate supervisor.
- Proven communicator, able to describe complex and diverse engineering topics.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established SW processes and procedures, development, documentation and maintenance/management of operations concepts, requirements (system, element, and segment level), external and internal interfaces, and other software engineering work products/artifacts.
- Experience with API development – Specifically with Hibernate and Spring Boot
- Working knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Knowledgeable in Test Driven Development (TDD) , continuous delivery, and automated testing
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Experience with Kafka, Redis MQ, or other messaging brokers
- Experience with MySQL, Crunchy DB, or other back-end services
- Experience with 12 Factor Application development and/or micro-services and building Software as a Service (SaaS)
Desired Skills:Experience and knowledge related to Air Operations Center Weapons Systems baseline and/or applications.Experience and knowledge related to software discipline process development and deployment.Experience with customer interaction and end-user engagement.Experience integrating software (modules, components, subsystems).Experience preparing and presenting status information and technical material.Required Education:University Degree in Computer Science, Math, Science, Engineering related field or other STEM degree with six years demonstrable, relevant experience, ORFourteen years demonstrable relevant experience.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- 6 years’ experience developing VMs and Virtual Servers using VMWare/vSphere, AWS Gov Cloud or equivalent Fed RAMP High certified CSPs.
- 6 years’ experience Deploying/Implementing Agile DevOps processes/tools/environments.
- Demonstrated software and system-level debugging experience including the ability to identify problems in established code and make modifications as necessary.
- Experience with software execution throughout the entire software life cycle (preliminary design through maintenance phases).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.