Senior Software Engineer (Cold Fusion)
Role and Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will: be highly motivated and able to accurately complete complex projects with little guidance; be committed to quality over quantity approach with a collaborative team mentality; apply expertise to develop technical solutions to complex problems; ensure compliance with current cybersecurity initiatives throughout application lifecycle; actively engage in a variety of software development and maintenance activities for the multiple projects working in a team environment; provide guidance as needed to junior level developers to promote depth of knowledge within the team; apply documented project processes and tools to ensure that quality standards for development and configuration management are applied to the project's software development effort.
- Required Skills (List Education, Experience, Skills, Certifications, Clearances, etc.)
- A Master’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience. In lieu of a degree a total of 14 years’ experience acquired knowledge through practical experience and formal education is required. Degree must be from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- The applicant must be able to obtain applicable DoD_ 8570.1 directed certification within six months of hire date.
- The applicant must be a United Stated citizen
- The applicant must meet eligibility requirements to obtain Secret security clearance
- Desired Skills (List Education, Experience, Skills, Certifications, Clearances, etc.)
- Experience with developing charting tools for the web and with DoD Common Access Card (CaC) and PKI authentication is desired
- Experience with support ticket tracking systems, revision control and application security software such as Subversion, Fogbugs and Fortify is highly desired.
- Certified Software Security Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) Certification or equivalent is preferred
- Extensive experience utilizing Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Current Secret security clearance is Preferred
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Software Engineering
Primary Location: US-US-FL-Orange Park
Req ID: 1084727