Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Federal Incident Management Lead to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
• This candidate will be primarily participating in these activities: security incidents of operating systems, network devices, applications, and databases. Developing playbooks and runbooks for IR automation
• Build and develop incident response runbooks and orchestration
• Develop incident response correlation between multiple organizations
• Participates in technology remediation efforts through cross functional working teams and across business units
• Conduct proactive monitoring, logging and alerting to analyze, correlate, and respond to cyber incidents
• Monitor and report on the technology threat landscape
• Notify and publish security-related threats for all aspects of technology
• Perform threat and vulnerability assessments and provide subject matter expertise on appropriate threat mitigation
• Identify emerging threat actors and track existing actors as their tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP) evolve
• Identify intrusion activity by leveraging alert data from multiple sensors and systems and determine priority for response
• Perform live incident response (reactive and proactive incident management) by identifying and remediating malicious applications and infrastructure components
• Collaborate with other information security and IT team members to develop and implement innovative strategies for monitoring and preventing attacks
• Develop incident reporting
• Participate in after-hours on-call incident management
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree and 7 years relevant experience or equivalent
• Minimum of 5-7 years of IT/IR security experience
• Clear understanding of Federal Govt., classified systems, etc.
• Understanding of computer protocols (such as TCP/IP, HTTP & SSL).
• Sound judgment and analytical skills, strong organizational and communication skills are paramount for the successful candidate.
• Ability to translate threat information in understandable business terms.
• Strong understanding of Incident Response workflow, tools, and runbook development.
• Understanding of common security threats, issues & risks.
• Ability to obtain a security clearance (Required).
• Understanding of current threats and exploits to include experience with threat detection, analysis, incident workflows and remediation.
• Knowledge with application architectures, platforms, and protocols; and their inherent security strengths and weaknesses.
• Understanding of operating systems and application security configuration.
• Industry recognized certification in security (Security+, GSEC, GIAC, GCIH, GCIA, GREM, CEH, CISSP, CISM)
• Application security experience with SQL injection, buffer overflows, parameter manipulation, cross-- site scripting, etc.
• Knowledge of OWASP top 10 and SANS 25 vulnerabilities and how to mitigate these vulnerabilities from an architecture/coding perspective.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.