Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems Execution Operations has an opening for a Value Stream Leader in the Microwave Assembly work center. Responsibilities include full leadership and management accountability regarding the performance on all aspects of safety, quality, schedule, and cost performance for the multi-cell/multi-shift operation. The Value Stream Leader will be responsible for setting the standard and driving operational excellence throughout the organization.
This role requires daily interaction with other functions to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: technical support, manufacturing/test/design engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office. Achieving/exceeding safety, quality, delivery, cost goals and identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Supports deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress and drive continuous improvement. Workforce planning and forecastingEmployee hiring and trainingArea layout and flow managementCapital identification and control of overhead expensesEnsuring the full compliance of company policies and procedures.
- Minimum 10 years of combined experience in manufacturing, operations, Program Management, engineering in a leadership role, utilizing business systems and tools that aid in manufacturing and financial management or 6 years with Master's degree.
- Prior Management experience of direct or indirect and/or support personnel.
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean or six sigma project implementation.
- Experience with efficiency performance tools, cost account management or other budgetary responsibility.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- High computer literacy and with confidence and skill working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and familiarity with Raytheon systems (VM, PRISM, PDM)
- Ability to leverage technology
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and solid interpersonal skills;
- Solid People Management Skills – Goal setting, Delegation, Coaching, Motivating
- Thinks logically and is process oriented with proven problem-solving skills
- Flexible, open minded, and Self-confident team player with the able to think outside the box to solve complex issues.
- Metrics driven and success oriented, Six Sigma Expert/Black Belt or Lean Certification
- Strong Planning, Facilitating, and Team-coordination skills
- Demonstrated Experience leading projects in a bargaining unit environment
- Self-starting team player and is able to make decisions with minimal supervision
- Customer focused attitude towards accomplishing goals.
- BA or BS degree, or Master’s Degree with 6 years of experience.
What’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.