The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) Business has many exciting programs currently under development with key programs located in Richardson, Texas.
The Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services Program Engineering Team is the central focus for concept development, trade studies, systems architecture development, and systems integration and test activities for customized engineering services and products developed in the Richardson, Texas, Cityline engineering facility. We lead the development of solutions to solve customer needs as well as plan future capabilities and technology roadmaps.
The Radiance Deputy Program Engineer (PE) is responsible for the cost, schedule, and execution of all engineering tasks within their assigned program. The PE is the Engineering point of contact for the Program Manager as well as the point of contact for all program functional staff. Due to the size and complexity of the Radiance program, this position is in support of the Lead PE and PM, and as such the candidate will be called upon to support the program in the following areas:
- Support the Lead PE for overall Engineering execution within the program, with decision authority (as delegated by the Lead PE) over all Engineering activities.
- Support Engineering Bid Reviews (EBRs) and Engineering Program Reviews (EPRs) at authorized levels.
- Support the Lead PE and PM on Program Management Reviews (PMRs) for all Engineering matters.
- Support the Lead PE on the management of the overall budget and schedule for program Engineering tasks. As directed by the Lead PE, work closely with the functional discipline organizations to review program execution on a periodic basis to ensure schedule and cost are being met.
- Develop executable Estimates at Completion (EAC) for the program in collaboration with the responsible Engineering Cost Account Managers.
- Ensure staffing forecasts are accurate and up to date and work with Engineering discipline organizations to ensure appropriate staffing is assigned – local, distributed and/or suppliers.
- Support the Lead PE in providing oversight and review all program metrics for engineering. Ensure application of Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) across the program as a means for measuring technical progress and assessing risk.
- Support the Lead PE to oversee and manage the Engineering Risks and Opportunities execution across the program. Leverage the enterprise to reduce key risks and realize opportunities.
- Ensure effective Engineering management of suppliers – including SOWs, requirements specs, and process compliance.
- Identify and exploit synergies across programs and across the Enterprise.
- Provide accurate and timely status reports to the Program and Engineering organizations
- Execute processes and procedures across the programs that ensure consistency within the organization. Ensure process compliance, including appropriate process tailoring.
- Bachelor degree and at least 6 years of relevant engineering experience, demonstrating increasing responsibilities, possibly as a Lead Engineer, Cost Account Manager, Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead or Program Manager.
- Working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines with a strong focus on Large Scale Software Development, Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) and Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Executive level communication skills.
- Experience working with suppliers in technical and/or programmatic oversight role.
- Experience in all phases of development program lifecycle.
- Experience in Risk and Opportunity management
- Experience with SW execution throughout the entire SW life cycle, experience in object-oriented SW design, development, preparing & presenting status & technical information
- Experience with emerging SW methodologies, including agile methods and the incorporation of tools and principles (i.e. continuous integration) to reduce defects, increase software productivity, and improve maintainability
- Experience with leading/supporting Process Improvement activities and working directly with senior level leadership teams and Program Directors
- Experience with Agile Development SAFe methodology.
- Must hold and maintain an active TS/SCI Clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- Risk and Opportunity Certification
- Prior experience with Radiance legacy domain
- R6 Sigma Specialist Qualified/R6 Sigma Expert Certified
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math (or other relevant STEM degree). Preference for a Master’s degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.