Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of AESA Systems which provide the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Systems Engineering Integration and Test Center (SEIT) engineering organization is seeking engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for the warfighter.
Seeking Systems Engineer as a member of the RF Systems Department to be a key contributor within the Secure Sensor Solutions product area. Responsibilities include:
- Analyzing system requirements, decomposing requirements to software subsystems, and defining testing criteria of the requirements at the software and system level
- Developing novel solutions for testing and verification of tactical and/or strategic radar system requirements.
- Design, develop, test and verify physics and effects based kinematic and RF models and simulations.
- Working with the Mode Development team to develop predictive models of mode performance in flight test
- Analyzing flight test data and validating predicted results
- Interfacing with senior-level leaders, external customers, end users & analysts
This highly dynamic environment requires both speed and efficiency in addition to maintaining product quality, functionality and traceability. Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team through strong written and verbal communication skills.
The systems engineer will frequently work with a diverse group of software engineers, systems engineers and RF subject matter experts and must be comfortable either working independently or as part of an integrated development team. Under the oversight of I&T Integrated Product Team (IPT) leadership and functional management, applicants will have the opportunity to lead small groups in development, integration testing and requirements verification.
**** US Citizenship required as this position requires a clearance within the first 12 months of employment****Required Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM discipline with experience developing object-oriented software utilizing C/C++, Matlab, or Python
- Must have ability to obtain secret clearance and SSBI/Special Access Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- An active Top Secret clearance and/or SSBI/Special Access Clearance
- Working knowledge of System Engineering capabilities with AESA Radars
- Engineering background in AESA Radar System Engineering, particularly experience in radar software development
- Experience with physics and effects based Model Driven Design (MDD) and test principles
- Familiarity with discrete, continuous and/or hybrid simulation architectures
- Knowledge or experience in multi-threaded, vectoried (SSE, AltiVec) or GPU programming
BS Degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or PhysicsDesired Education:
MS in Engineering, Math, Computer Science, or Physics.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.