We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Firmware Design Engineer to join the Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance Systems (ISRS) Radar department in the McKinney, TX or Dallas, TX locations.
The candidate will be involved in all areas of FPGA design including developing architecture, implementation, and testing of firmware based designs. Tasking could include VHDL/Verilog design, simulation, synthesis, timing analysis, timing closure, and/or lab testing.
- Minimum 4 years' experience working with FPGAs or similar configurable logic design
- Experience with VHDL or Verilog
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- U.S. citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
- U.S. citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems.
- Experience with Xilinx, Altera/Intel, or Microsemi FPGAs
- Familiarity with Vivado, Quartus, or Libero
- Proficiency with VHDL, Verilog, or System Verilog
- Familiarity with radars and airborne platforms
- Experience with one or more of the following areas:
- Coding reusable IP blocks
- Closing timing issues
- Clock domain crossings
- Creating test benches
- Generating FPGA device pin outs
- Porting preexisting or legacy code into new FPGA devices
- Setting up and using UVM
- Implementation of digital signal processing algorithms
- Experience translating MATLAB algorithms into VHDL implementations
- Implementation of control loops
- Experience with communication interfaces such as:
- PCIe, 1GBe/10GBe Ethernet, UART, JTAG, RS-232, RS-422, I2C, LVDS, SPI, JESD204B
- Experience with volatile and nonvolatile memory interfaces such as:
- DDR4, DDR3, FIFOs, Flash memory
- Experience with peripheral device interfaces such as:
- ADC/DACs, Temperature sensors, humidity sensors, accelerometer sensors, LEDs
- Active Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelors’ degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or a related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.