Help design and develop the next generation of human-machine interfaces for complex systems such as advanced mission modeling, the command and control of drones, search and rescue applications, and tactical battlefield situational awareness applications. Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a scientist/engineer with a breadth of expertise in architecting and building full stack software applications for both monolithic and micro-service based applications. The ideal candidate will join our team of talented scientists and engineers and be at the forefront of creating new and exciting technologies that will advance the art of human-computer interaction.
What you will do
• Work with a small team on cutting-edge research and development projects
• Design and develop prototype software using the latest open-source technologies
• Receive and incorporate feedback from end users, field tests, and exercises
• Explore technical possibilities collaboratively with motivated, world class colleagues
• Deliver practical solutions to complex problems
What you need
• Bachelors in Computer Science and 2+ years of direct experience or M.S. in Computer Science
• Experience with development frameworks including Spring, Angular, React
• Experience with front and back-end package managers such as NPM, Yarn, Webpack, Gradle, Maven
• Experience with continuous integration (Jenkins) and modern deployment strategies (e.g., Docker).
• Passion for software engineering practices
• Creative problem solving and ability to build rapid prototypes
• Excellent communication skills
• U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME
• Experience with Android
• Experience with situational awareness software and systems
• Interest and experience with software configuration management
• Experience with unmanned systems or drones
Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is the research company behind many revolutionary advances that we take for granted today. BBN is where email was invented and the first routers were implemented. Today, BBN's scientists and engineers are working to advance the state-of-the-art on topics ranging from machine language translation to quantum cryptography. BBN offers the opportunity to perform exciting and revolutionary research that solves important problems in an exciting, collaborative environment. BBN values work/life balance (as evidence by a normal 40 hour work week), a comfortable work environment (as evidence by offices that have doors and windows and your choice of computer, OS and tools), and a pursuit of research (as evidence by our staffed research library, encouraging publications, and paying people to attend conferences). We are looking for a creative, talented software developer to join our Intelligent Software and Systems group. Work in our group focuses on designing, developing, and deploying new advances in artificial intelligence, cyber security, autonomous systems, virtual technologies and distributed computing to solve challenging problems across a variety of application domains.
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. We are constantly striving to learn and improve. If you are a creative problem solver and have an insatiable appetite for learning, come join our team! We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work schedules, a 5% 401k company match, a 5% retirement contribution plan, performance-based incentives, an onsite gym and game room, paid parental leave, and many employee discounts.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 147770
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.