The Advanced Communication Department in Marlborough Massachusetts is pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit of Raytheon, our Software Engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which enable our warfighters to be successful.
We are looking for a Software Section Manager to help with the continued success of our products by leading teams who are implementing cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. Candidates have the opportunity to work alongside the best and the brightest engineers and scientists who are providing solutions to our customers worldwide.
As a Software Section Manager, typical job functions include:
- Managing a mid-sized team (typically 10 -20 employees) consisting of experienced professionals and more junior employees with focus on technical excellence, execution & implementation.
- Leading, directing and reviewing the work of the team while respecting the team’s members ability to exercise latitude and independence.
- Managing staffing, hiring, promotion and rewards within the team.
- Providing technical input to new products, processes and standards and ensuring that new approaches are implemented by the team.
- Communicating with external customers or vendors.
- Work with other disciplines in the creation of proposals by supplying software cost estimations and technical input.
- Practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of projects, including work scheduling, staffing, earn-value management, software cost estimation, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- 8+ years of work related knowledge in software design, implementation, testing, and system integration.
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean development techniques.
- BS / BA from an ABET accredited university with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field
- Software development experience with C, C++, or related languages.
- An existing SECRET Clearance.
- Experience spanning the design, implementation, testing, and integration of real-time embedded software
- Experience as a Software Project Lead, Product Owner or Scrum Master.
- Ability to solve technical problems through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues.
- Ability to work with hardware and systems engineering to solve multi-disciple issues.
- Previous experience with UNIX, Linux, VxWorks, INTEGRITY, SYSBIOS, or other RTOS and associated IDEs and development tools.
- Experience leading teams and mentoring junior engineers.
- Knowledgeable in Communication Systems or similar domains.
- Master of Science degree (M.S.) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.