One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..
Raytheon offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The more than 1,100 employees of SADID provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. SADID welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments which will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
SADID is seeking engineering professionals for full time Systems Engineering positions in the Maritime Systems (MS) department. The department leads all aspects of Systems Engineering that drive the development of complex systems that support the IDS Seapower Capability Systems (SCS) business area and the U.S. Navy’s missions.
This position is located in Portsmouth, RI to perform Systems Engineering tasks such as:
- Provide leadership and direction to system engineering and software teams that will lead to the successful activation of total ship mission areas
- Interact with senior Navy personal as a technical point of contact for the development and refinement of new capabilities for a class of ships
Tasks will primarily support programs in the U.S. Navy’s surface domain to include ship architecture, integration, position/navigation/timing (PNT), and combat management system. Position may require occasional travel.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of engineering or a related technical discipline
- Program Management experience in the acquisition of DoD weapons systems
- Experience in leading large DoD requirements and software development programs
- Operational experience with Surface Navy Surface Combatant Combat Systems
- Experience with Integration and Test of Naval Combat Systems
- Naval combat system processing (e.g. design requirements, develop tactical or simulation algorithm prototyping or implementation)
- Experience with Agile Development Practices
- Proactive, with clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce and present technical documentation including customer briefings and specifications
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
- Proven ability to provide technical direction to system engineering and software teams to implement new capabilities
- Operational experience with:
- Automated ID and associated systems interoperability
- Surface Strike
- Naval radars, IFF, weapons and fire control
- Sonar, towed arrays and ASW weapons
- Naval Communication systems
- Surface Combatant Aviation Systems
- Proven ability to provide technical direction for issues crossing element boundaries
- Coordinate resolution of technical issues across Scrum teams/Sprint cycles
- Set priorities to implement design updates within the contractual limitations
- Coordinate changes across multiple government programs of record
- Proven ability to align delivered capabilities with Navy needs and expectations
- Proven ability to identify technical risks and opportunities across total ship systems, and negotiating risk mitigation plans with the Navy
- Proven ability to lead technical solutions to complex user requirements
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Experience with DOORS
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and/or Rhapsody skills to define Enterprise and System level use cases and corresponding diagrams
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Simulink for performance predictions and data analysis
- Active TOP SECRET or ability to obtain TOP SECRET clearance
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related discipline; Masters/Ph.D. Degree is a plus
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.