Raytheon’s Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED) provides engineering design, integration and production to a wide range of hardware in Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The Platform Integration Department leads mechanical design, development and integration of platform systems. This includes shelter systems, hardware integration, cable & interconnections, as well as facility development, and site integration. The department is comprised of individuals with technical expertise and experience in hardware design, integration and production support.
Mechanical Engineering Directorate Section Manager in the Platform Integration Department. The C4 (Command,Control, Communications and Computers) Electronics Section Manager performs direct line management activities and provides leadership for approximately 20 engineers. These activities include technical oversight of programs, technical development of people, training, performance management and resource allocation.
C4 Section provides Mechanical Engineering design and integration of C4 (Command, Control, Communications and Computers) Electronic Subassemblies in the Battle Field Management systems. The cognizant section manager will be responsible to align the section capacity and capability to support Integrated Product team (IPT) and Program needs. He or she should also be the servant leader to facilitate o overseeing the effective execution of assigned program(s).
The candidate will ensure two-way communication for section members; serve as the day-to-day liaison to the programs concerning employee job assignments, performance and recognition. Responsibilities also include coordinating program staffing needs and reductions, optimizing resource utilization and interviewing applicants.
The Section Manager will team with the Department Manager in the execution of MED and IDS Engineering goals. As the manager for the section you will need to lead large, diverse teams of 20 - 30 engineers by providing highly skilled Mechanical Engineering design services across all program phases.
This position can be a G09 or G10 based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibilities required for the position.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• 6+ years of overall engineering experience in mechanical design, preferably in design of large electromechanical
systems used in applications requiring high reliability and extended life.
• Prior leadership roles (frontline or project leader)
• Five (5) years direct experience in hardware engineering design, development and production support
• Experience with EVMS
• Experience in military applications and environments
• Six Sigma Specialist certified
• Masters of Science in an Engineering discipline
• Security clearance
• Familiarity with Performance Development Process
• Familiarity with Engineering Labor Forecasting (ELF)
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Proven multitasking skills
• Demostrated excellence in past work performance
• Working knowledge or experience with Patriot Systems, Radar, and/or Military electronics
• Experience with Raytheon's proposal capture process (development of compliant basis of estimates (BOEs) and white
• Familiarity with the Estimate at Complete (EAC) Process
• EVMS Certified
• Demonstrated team player, with excellent collaboration and mentoring skills
• Advocate for process improvement (eg CMMI, R6S), team builder, and able to build strong relationships and effectively partner with internal resources.
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Follow Follow Follow Follow
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.