Raytheon Company has an immediate need for a junior Network Engineer IIS to provide day-to-day support of the network infrastructure; Server and workstation installation and troubleshooting; Network cabling; TCP/IP including sub-netting, routing, Domain Name Services, network security, network configuration and management, and vendor product line familiarity.This position is located in the McLean, VA area and would be a great fit for anyone who is looking for an opportunity to grow with Raytheon and work on a long term contract.
The position duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Candidate shall possess knowledge and experience in:
- Managing and administrating Ethernet networks including
- LAN/WAN design and implementation
- Working knowledge of theory and practice underlying VLAN/LAN/WAN network operations
- Analyzing network characteristics (e.g. traffic time, connect time, transmission speeds, utilization, packet size, and throughput) and recommending modifications to network components
- Working with server hardware in a datacenter including managing power, space, and cooling configurations
- Ability to provide basic explanation of technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Supporting cross platform environments including Windows and Linux
- Installing, testing, implementing and maintaining complex communication networks using and implementing network standards
- Configuring and trouble-shooting both MS Windows and UNIX/LINUX based system connectivity
- Knowledge of Cisco Routers and Switches
Required Education and Desired Certifications (including Major):
- Operating networks, particularly identification and solution of problems, restart I recovery, additions, deletions, and modifications of network switches, and servers;
- Analyzing network characteristics (e.g. traffic time, connect time, transmission speeds, utilization, packet size, and throughput) and recommending procurement, removals, and modification to network components.
- A bachelor’s degree is highly desired in Computer Science or Cybersecurity in addition to two (2) years of experience.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related field
- Cisco certifications (CCNP, CCNA, CCENT)
Candidate must be a US citizen with an active TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraphand be crossover eligible
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.