This position is for early career individuals who have less than 2 years of professional work experience and who will receive a degree during the current academic year or who received their degree within the last 18 months.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
The Test Systems Solutions Center (TSSC) applies a systems approach to provide total test solutions that ensure the quality of Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) products. The TSSC uses common platforms and processes to design/develop production, depot and engineering test stations. The selected candidate will provide Electrical Engineering support as a member of a multi-disciplined team composed of various engineering disciplines (Electrical, Software, Mechanical, Firmware/Configurable Logic, etc). The team will be responsible for performing design, development and integration of RMS test products within the TSSC.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree.. Must be either currently pursuing degree or degree must have been granted in the last 18 months.
- Experience with electrical engineering principals, design and debug skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products (such as Excel, Word and/or PowerPoint)
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Desired Education and Skills
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Experience with common industry-standard digital interfaces and protocols (TTL, RS422, CAN BUS, MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, etc)
- Experience with laboratory test instrumentation, electronics and software (experience with NI VISA, NI Measurement and Automation Explorer, or NI Switch Executive is preferred)
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design and analysis
- Ability to develop and present technical briefings
- Ability to work well in teams and independently
- Good communication, interpersonal, planning and time management skills
- Experience in autonomous and collaborative systems
- Current/Active DoD clearance or SSBI
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Student Loan Debt Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Raytheon Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume ***
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.