Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
The Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC), at Raytheon, is comprised of five departments, with an engineering population of 450+ employees. We design and produce $300M+/year of engineering test stations. The ATSEC organization has the responsibility to grow and sustain engineering competencies throughout all missile engineering test activities, and to make these systems more affordable, credible, agile, and robust.
Within ATSEC, the Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) RF Systems Department has the responsibility to design, develop, and maintain engineering test systems (missile flight simulators) that operate real-time and closed-loop with the weapon’s hardware and software. This work is very challenging and exciting.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Junior, Senior, or Post-graduate level standing in one of the following: Electrical and Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Experience with higher level languages (C, C++, and/or MatLab)
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products (such as Excel, Word and/or PowerPoint).
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
This position can be a Salary Grade ST02, Salary Grade ST03, Salary Grade ST04 or Salary Grade ST05 based on the candidate's qualifications and standing as outlined below:
ST02 (Sophomore Technical Intern)- must have completed 30 hours of college
ST03 (Junior Technical Intern)- must have completed 60 hours of college
ST04 (Senior Technical Intern)- must have completed 90 hours of college
ST05 (Post-Graduate Technical Intern)- must have an undergraduate degree, and be currently seeking a graduate degree (in degree fields listed in Required Education and Skills)
Desired Education and Skills:
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Knowledge of assembly, C/C++ programming, structured programming concepts
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Student Loan Debt Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Raytheon Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume ***
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.