Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
The Systems Test Directorate is seeking candidates for the Integration & Verification Center (IVC). IVC supports integration of hardware, software, and configurable logic using multiple test equipment on a variety of platforms. Integration and test activities occur in a laboratory or on a test range with live hardware, inert hardware and/or simulators. Data capture and analysis is performed to evaluate total system level performance, produciblity, and reliability to ensure the highest quality product is delivered to the warfighter.
The candidate will participate on engineering teams to perform integration, functional tests, verification, and validation tests of RMS products as well as design, development, and integration of test solutions. Tasks may include the following activities:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Perform laboratory integration and test activities
- Perform system level integration and field/flight test activities
- Evaluate system performance through test data analysis
- Develop subsystem and system test requirements, analysis and plans
Required Education and Skills:
Junior, Senior, or Post-graduate level standing in one of the following: Electrical and Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Coursework in one or more of the following areas: laboratory equipment, electronics or software (such as:i.e oscilloscope, DMM, Spectrum analyzer and MatLab)
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products (such as Excel, Word and/or PowerPoint).
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
This position can be a Salary Grade ST02, Salary Grade ST03, Salary Grade ST04 or Salary Grade ST05 based on the candidate's qualifications and standing as outlined below:ST02-(Sophomore Technical Intern)- must have completed 30 hours of collegeST03 (Junior Technical Intern)- must have completed 60 hours of college
ST04 (Senior Technical Intern)- must have completed 90 hours of college
ST05 (Post-Graduate Technical Intern)- must have an undergraduate degree, and be currently seeking a graduate degree (in degree fields listed in Required Education and Skills)
Desired Education and Skills:
- Experience in developing and evaluating hardware and test requirements
- Understanding of physical, mechanical, electrical, and logical interfaces between components, units under test (UUTs) and test platforms (i.e MIL-STD-1553)
- Ability to develop and execute system level tests to verify requirements
- Experience in component & system level testing, troubleshooting, failure analysis, root cause & corrective action processes
- Experience in System level test planning, data collection & data analysis
- Good communication, interpersonal, planning and time management skills
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
- 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Student Loan Debt Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Raytheon Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume ***
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.