This position is for early career individuals who have less than 2 years of professional work experience and who will receive a degree during the current academic year or who received their degree within the last 18 months.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
The Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC), at Raytheon, is comprised of five departments, with an engineering population of 450+ employees. We design and produce $300M+/year of engineering test stations. The ATSEC organization has the responsibility to grow and sustain engineering competencies throughout all missile engineering test activities, and to make these systems more affordable, credible, agile, and robust.
Within ATSEC, the Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) RF Systems Department has the responsibility to design, develop, and maintain engineering test systems (missile flight simulators) that operate real-time and closed-loop with the weapon’s hardware and software. This work is very challenging and exciting.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree. Must be either currently pursuing degree or degree must have been granted in the last 18 months.
- Knowledge and/or course work in CCA design and schematic capture using tools such as DxDesigner, Boardstation, or OrCad
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products (such as Excel, Word and/or PowerPoint)
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Desired Education and Skills:
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Knowledge of common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as RS-422, USB, PCIe, etc.
- Course work experience with high speed interfaces using Gigabit Transceivers such as Rocket IO
- Course work experience with signal integrity of digital signals including grounding and shielding techniques
- Course work experience integrating computer hardware interfaces with programmable devices (Xilinx or Altera)
- Course work experience writing Firmware (VHDL or Verilog)
- Understanding of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques
- Familiarity with Linux or Unix Operating Systems
- Familiar with basic lab test equipment, CAD, PSpice, Timing Designer, and Mentor Graphics design tools
- Ability to work well in teams and independently
- Current/Active DoD clearance or SSBI
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Student Loan Debt Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Raytheon Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume ***
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.