This position is for early career individuals who have less than 2 years of professional work experience and who will receive a degree during the current academic year or who received their degree within the last 18 months.
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
Opportunity to work within one of the eight departments within the Mechanical Subsystems Directorate (MSD). Specific responsibilities will vary by department and experience but tasks performed may include: Conceptualization Detailed design Thermal and structural analysis Overall mechanical integration of such hardware items as airframes/structures, wings/fins, control surfaces, launching platforms, housings/enclosures, printed wiring board assemblies and various interconnect systems Candidate will be expected to follow established procedures and instructions while working closely with program / functional supervision to ensure the overall design objectives are met. Contacts are primarily with the immediate section manager, team lead, project leaders and other personnel (peers) within the applicable program
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Education and Skills:
Desired Education and Skills:
- Master's of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree. Must be either currently pursuing degree or degree must have been granted in the last 18 months.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products (such as Excel, Word and/or PowerPoint)
- Experience using 3D modeling CAD tools, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing methods, with knowledgeable in reading mechanical fabrication and assembly drawings
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Course work or experience in one or more of the following programs: Matlab, LabVIEW and Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ANSI Y14.5
- Experience with PTC CREO (Pro/Engineer) or other modeling and analysis tools
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis
- Assembly, integration, test, and supplier-interface experience
- Class projects, professional internships, or academic research demonstrating the ability to apply technical course work or computer software skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Good communication, interpersonal, planning and time management skills
- Current/Active DoD clearance or SSBI
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Student Loan Debt Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Raytheon Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume ***
Check us out on YouTube:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.