This position is for early career individuals who have less than 2 years of professional work experience and who will receive a degree during the current academic year or who received their degree within the last 18 months.
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems.
The Electro-Optics Product and Technologies (EOPT) department is responsible for requirements decomposition, detailed design and production support of the EO Sensors/Seekers, including the detectors, cryogenic systems, and structures making up the sensor/seeker subsystems . The multi-disciplined department employs optical engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and subsystems engineers. Optical engineers are responsible for designing, modeling/analyzing and verifying optical components within a sensor/seeker. Mechanical engineers are responsible for designing the structures that hold the optics, including any mechanisms need to move optics, as well as the cryogenic systems used to cool and maintain the temperature of EO detectors. Electrical engineers are responsible for relaying critical detector interface and performance requirements to detector suppliers and verifying requirements are met. Subsystems engineers utilize many different engineering discipline skills to assemble, test and verify optical, electrical and mechanical components as they are built up into the sensor/seeker subsystem.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Requires a Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree per Raytheon guidelines and less than 18 months of professional engineering experience.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling CAD tools, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing methods, and knowledgeable in reading mechanical fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Location: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.Benefits:
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ANSI Y14.5.
- Assembly, integration, test, and supplier-interface experience.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Student Loan Debt Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Raytheon Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume.***
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.