Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
This McLean based position will be fixed shift, 4 days per week (6 a.m. - 4 p.m.) and will hone your cyber skills with the latest technologies to take your career to a whole new level.
- Identify misuse, malware, or unauthorized activity on monitored networks.
- Analyze all relevant cyber security event data and other data sources for attack indicators and potential security breaches.
- Assist in coordination during incidents.
- Identify intrusions utilizing various detection and prevention systems and other security event data sources on 24x7x365 basis.
- Analyze intrusion related data to determine root cause and identify follow on activity while coordinating with Incident Handlers, Hunters, and various partners.
- Correlate data from intrusion detection and prevention systems with data from other sources such as firewall, web server, and DNS logs, to include netflow, metadata, and pcap analysis.
- Contributes in tuning and filtering of events and information, creating custom views and content using all available tools.
- Review assembled data with firewall administrators, engineering, system administrators and other appropriate groups to determine the risk of a given event.
- Contribute to the development of playbooks and procedures for handling each security event detected.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in Cyber Security, InfoSec, Security Engineering, Network Engineering with emphasis in cyber security issues and operations, computer incident response, systems architecture, data management.
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure, Ability to use MS Office, Ability to use PC, Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills, Interpersonal and People Skills, Listening Skills, Multi-Tasking Ability, Oral and Written Communication Skills, Organizational Skills.
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and seven to nine years of related experience. Minimum of three years experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms. Work 6:00 am to 4 pm Sunday through Wednesday or Wednesday through Sunday..
- Familiarity with the following classes of enterprise cyber defense technologies:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Network Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS).
- Host Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS).
- Network and Host malware detection, prevention and Host forensic applications.
- Web/Email gateway security technologies.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level I or CSSP-A.
Security Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.