Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
We support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) providing critical mission support in a globally accessible enterprise information infrastructure directly supporting joint warfighters and national level leaders across the full spectrum of military operations.
This Network Operational Engineer role provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN)/Korean Transport networks.
Responsibilities may include:
• Development of technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
• Perform operational engineering of the DoDIN, providing problem resolution, systems integration, network implementation and testing, quality assurance, and advanced customer support of the Enterprise Transport, Internet Protocol and Service networks.
• Familiarity with the following Transport and encryption equipment manufacturers: Ciena, Infinera/Sycamore, or Cisco MSPP/Optical equipment, SafeNet, General Dynamics.
• Ensure interoperability amongst various transport networks (OTN, SDH (SONET), PDH, WDM, legacy TDM (ATM, Promina), Ethernet), timing and sync, and cryptographic equipment.
• Configuration and troubleshooting of transport technologies, networks, and services.
• Identification and documentation of network errors and solutions.
• Analysis of network and telecommunications alarms live network data to identify potential issues.
• Configuration, testing, installation, troubleshooting, and maintaining network devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, and transport devices to optimize performance and ensure the desired survivability and security posture is attained and maintained.
• Providing high level technical support for the design, implementation and integration of network changes and sustainment, upgrades, and backups.
• Provide mentoring, training, education and guidance to junior team members and Tier1.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and less than 2 years of overall related experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 1 or higher baseline certification (Security+ CE or CCNA Security, CISSP or equivalent)
• Min 3 years’ experience working with (configuring, troubleshooting, testing, systems design, implementation) transport layer equipment (DWDM, SONET, Ethernet).
• Experience with either service provider or enterprise transport networks using an interface on Ciena, Sycamore, or Cisco.
• Experience troubleshooting and configuring transport networks using the following transport technologies: OTN, SDH (SONET), WDM, legacy TDM (ATM, Promina), Ethernet), PDH, timing and sync, and cryptographic equipment.
• Experience with the engineering, implementation, and troubleshooting of service provider or enterprise networks transport technologies (DWDM, SONET, Ethernet, TDM).
• Familiarity with various physical medium connectors and connections (layer 1), CAT 5/6, Coax, SM/MM Fiber, Serial, and LC/ST/SC/DB.
• Knowledge of BISCI best practices and physical cable plant.
• Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management, configuration management, and risk management.
• Experience with basic routing and OSPF, Layer 2, and Firewalls.
• Crypto configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• Familiar with network encryption devices to include SafeNet NSA Type I and Type III. Experience in one or more of the following Crypto devices: KG-340, KG-175A/D, KIV-7, KIV-19.
• Certifications with major network system vendors such as Ciena and Cisco are a strong plus.
• Must be knowledgeable on the following Network Management Systems: Remedy, HP OpenView, Silvx, Cisco Prime Optical, Netcool, INMS and associated assets.
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills with the ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
• Familiarization of DOD regulations, and directives.
• Ability to perform on-call duties as required of the program.
• Must meet all Korean SOFA requirements
Security Clearance: Current Secret or Top Secret clearance with SSBI investigation (Must be U.S. Citizen)
Work location: Camp Walker, S. Korea
- Shift work (40 hrs/week)
- All base access privileges
- HOLA/COLA allowances
- DoDDS Schools for dependents
This is a funded position.
Contract: The GSM-O 7-year contract is fully funded. Our GSM-O II re-compete award was announced and is valid for an additional 10 years.
POC: If interested, please apply to this position online/upload your resume and also directly contact our DISA GSM-O Recruiting Lead, Tom Stack, , 410-272-8989 (please send copy of your resume and certifications).
ManTech -- A leader in Enterprise IT, full-spectrum cyber, data collection and analytics, and systems engineering and software applications. Check us out at . Celebrating 50 years of service to our Nation.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.