Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) has several Systems Engineering Internship opportunities for current college students to join and expand our Systems Engineering and Integration Team (SEIT) located in Indianapolis, Indiana. As a Systems Engineering Intern, you will work with a team of talented and experienced engineers in performing many core activities to include design, development or test at the system, subsystem, and component level. The selected candidates will apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques to solve customer needs by providing customized engineering services and products for unique customer missions.
Our nationwide college recruiting program offers students from a variety of colleges and universities assignments that help you realize your career goals. Work with the best! From a world-class customer profile, to the work being done at the ends of earth, Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Our internship opportunities range from 10-16 week assignments and may include mentoring, special projects, and end of assignment presentations. Work with other interns and learn from our team of experts.
- Providing basic support developing and documenting requirements and interfaces, design analysis, modeling and simulation, system integration and trade studies
- Providing basic support developing, documenting and executing system verification to show compliance
- Applying your engineering knowledge and participating as a member of a multi-discipline team
- Contributing to the completion of project/program milestones under the general guidance of the immediate supervisor and team leads
- Following established SE processes and procedures
- This position requires the ability to access systems that contain information restricted to US Citizens based on certain Federal Government contractual requirements.
- Positive attitude, strong leadership and communication skills
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Systems, Electrical, Software, Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering course work such as: Basic circuits, advanced circuits, circuits labs, electro-mechanical, digital theory, thermal theory, thermal labs, computer engineering, software languages, etc. of computers and computer systems
- Knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools
- Engineering projects or previous internship experience
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursing a technical degree in Engineering (Aeronautical, Computer Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical, Software or Systems), Computer Science or a closely related STEM field.
- This position can be for Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Post Graduate students based on the candidate's qualifications, including degree credits earned.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0+ is strongly desired.
- Please include your transcript with your resume.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.