This position can be either a Sr. Human Resources Generalist or Principal Human Resources Generalist based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
The Human Resources Generalist (HRG) will reports to the Human Resource Business Partner supporting one of the matrixed organizations for Raytheon Missile Systems (MS). As a member of the RMS Human Resources team, this position will be responsible for the execution of HR processes, policies, procedures, and partnering with our subject matter expert organizations such as organizational effectiveness, diversity and inclusion, talent management, learning and development, compensation, benefits, and employee relations. They will help facilitate and design the delivery of processes that enable the business to meet their objectives. They must have influence on other parts of the matrixed organizations, be innovative, and adapt well to change.
This position will provide leadership and support in the execution of strategic HR initiatives such as workforce planning, succession planning, employee engagement, and talent development. The role seeks an innovative, customer focused individual, adaptable to change, who is willing to work collaboratively on teams—both within their own organization they support, within the matrix, and across other RMS organizations —consulting effectively and independently using sound judgment at all levels.
• Models Employee Advocacy behavior to front, mid-level leaders, senior leaders and employees
• Counsels leadership on matters concerning development of staff to enhance effectiveness and potential. Ability to shift emphasis from resolving issues for others to building leadership capabilities that address and resolve both human and technical aspects of the work environment
• Serves as a resource for driving a culture of Diversity and Inclusion, particularly with the inclusion of Navajo culture in the workplace
• Collaborates amongst other HR organizations such as Organizational Effectiveness (OE), Program Management Excellence (PMX) and Global Talent Development (GTD) to achieve business and talent objectives
• Supports coordination and implementation of Talent Management strategies to include workforce planning, succession planning, and talent acquisition. This includes completing job analysis, requisition data, promotion justifications, talent profiles, assisting with career development plans for key individuals, as well as other necessary support administrative tasks
• Comprehends and retains business and program acumen to assist in creating new leadership and program experiences for employees, as designed to accelerate talent development and pipeline
• Resolves issues for others to build and expand leadership capabilities that address and resolve both human and technical aspects of the work environment
• Coordinates Talent Management strategies to include workforce planning, succession planning, and knowledge transfer and talent acquisition
• Communicates and implements pro-active employee relations strategies pertaining to team-based initiatives, training, leadership development, employee communications, and compensation and benefits in support of the goals and strategic objectives
• Investigates and resolves Employee Relations issues and complaints, including Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and Ethics-related case investigations. Focuses on maintaining a positive employee relations environment and culture
• Minimum of four years’ experience working as a Human Resources Generalist with experience in Performance Management, Employee Relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, Compensation, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Organizational Effectiveness or other HR related experience
• Experience and strong proficiency serving as a consultant to leaders for their organization on highly significant matters relating to organizational strategies and efficiencies
• Experience with developing or maintaining strategic talent development plans
• Demonstrated experience in executing solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation
• Experience or proficient in managing complex and multiple priorities simultaneously
• Human Resources and/or Labor Relations Certifications
• Strong knowledge of labor law legislation to include investigations and handling of employee relations issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to include presentations at senior manager level
• Experience in developing/administering Affirmative Action Plans
• HR experience working at multiple business locations
• PHR or SPHR; Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
Bachelors’ degree, desired degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Organizational Development; post-secondary degrees preferred.
Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.