United States of America - California, San Diego
HOURS OF OPERATION FOR THIS POSITION ARE AVAILABLE ON VARIOUS SHIFTS FOR WEEKDAYS AND WEEKENDS ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY OF OPEN POSITION. PAY RATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE $15.63 PER HOUR.
Purpose and Scope:
Prepares finished product for shipment or storage by placing them in shipping containers, the specific operations performed being dependent upon the type, size and number of units to be packed, the type of container employed, and method of shipment. Work requires the placing of items in shipping containers and may involve one or more of the following: Knowledge of various items of stock in order to verify content; selection of appropriate type and size of container; inserting enclosures in container; using excelsior or other material to prevent breakage or damage; closing and sealing container; and applying labels or entering identifying data on container. Performs range of supply duties to include but not limited to, receiving, material handling, warehousing, and issue of all types of repair parts and materials.
1) Receives materials and performs receiving inspection including kind count and condition verification in accordance with documented procedures.
2) Stores all materials in accordance with master storage matrix, and ensures that care of supplies in storage procedures are followed. Responsible to check stocks for damage or expiration in accordance with generally accepted shelf life management procedures.
3) Performs required material handling activities while ensuring safe and proper movement of materials to appropriate storage and/or issue points.
4) Processes all transactions in applicable inventory management system. May be required to use DSS or other Government furnished Standard Material Management Information Systems in accordance with task order requirements.
5) Prepares materials for shipment as required following appropriate packaging and preservation procedures.
6) Receives materials and performs receiving inspection in accordance with documented procedures.
7) Stores all materials in accordance with master storage matrix, and ensures that care of supplies in storage procedures are followed. Responsible to check stocks for damage or expiration in accordance with generally accepted shelf life management procedures.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Shop environment in which mechanic equipment is operated, is loud and noisy, and some pieces of equipment have exposed moving components, routing lifting up to 45 pounds, regular handling, grasping, kneeling and carrying, and constant use of vision and mental alertness is required. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position may require travel.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Logistics and Supply Chain
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 224686BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.