Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a mission systems architect to perform system and software architecture modeling and development for next-generation mission systems programs. This position is responsible for directly working on teams developing, integrating, testing, and producing a new airborne mission system, to include multi-mode, multi-platform, sensor system capabilities. The architect will be responsible for analyzing mission systems level requirements and ConOps, developing system and software architecture models, modeling and analyzing system performance, providing software development guidance, and supporting system verification/validation testing. The architect is expected to work within multi-disciplinary integrated product teams (IPTs) across the product line to ensure collaboration and efficiency in product development. The architect reports directly to the lead ACT AMS FAST mission systems architect.
- Minimum of 8 years software development, software architecture, systems architecture and/or systems engineering
- Experience with formal architecting methods, and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience with MBSE tools such as Cameo Enterprise Architecture
- Experience leading derivation of component and product requirements from system level requirements
- Demonstrated successful participation on multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Willingness to travel periodically in support of program requirements
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills, experience interfacing with customer technical and program leadership personnel
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Experience working as a systems engineer or architect in an airborne sensing and/or air battle management organization
- Experience with sensor system performance measurement analysis
- Experience with mission system requirements development
- Experience as an embedded, mission-critical, software developer
- Experience with laboratory test and flight test, of sensing and/or mission systems
- Experience with System Integrity compliant processing architectures and methods
- Experience conducting or leading customer witnessed tests
- Experience with small engineering team leadership.
- Experience using and/or developing Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence applications
- Experience designing and developing target trackers
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or related degree.
- M.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or related degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.