Colorado Springs, CO
The Software Engineer is responsible for software development in the Java language for Enterprise Services. Under minimal direction, provide specialized expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas.
Background Experience/Technical Skills Required:
- Perform in-depth analysis and technical support of systems software products, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support
- Maintain currency, debugs and configures related software products
- Work from specifications to develop or modify operating systems applications
- Assists with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of programs
- Interfaces with other system support groups to resolve problems, setting standards and improving overall efficiency of the operating system
- Design, code, test and implement tools for operations automation
- Work on most phases of software systems programming applications, and may require instruction and guidance in other phases
Highly desirable skills include:
- Software Engineering and software development with strong Java/ J2EE/C++ experience.
- Experience and knowledge of basic software practices such as coding standards and configuration management.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to work independently and will possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Applicant should have good working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Use of common software development and management tools such as Clearcase and Eclipse
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
- Experience implementing mathematical algorithms in source code
Experience in some or all of the following areas desired:
- Experience developing enterprise applications. Familiarity with Java foundation classes and toolkits.
- Knowledge of server side/database development, computer system administration; Net-centric, horizontal integration program expertise is a plus.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on unanticipated tasking is highly desirable.
- Command and control system application development.
- Experience with Software Integration testing.
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to review performance, identify root cause and recommend a solution.
Bachelor degree in software engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or related field from an accredited college plus at least 4 years related professional experience.Clearance Requirement
: Active/Current Secret Clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.