Software Simulation Section Manager – Patriot Fielded Systems and Validation
Are you a mentor who enjoys helping others with the career development?
Do you strive to maximize testing through simulation?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you within the Patriot Fielded Systems and Validation Department in Tewksbury Massachusetts with the Patriot Simulation team. Patriot is the world's pre-eminent air defense system, and we are currently developing Patriot Simulation software in support of new system capabilities. Successful candidates will manage and work with a team of software simulation engineers to develop and test these new capabilities. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern languages and computing platforms.
As Software Simulation Section Manager will be an integral part of line management responsible for 15 to 25 software engineers within the Department with the primary responsibility of ensuring that each employee has suitable work assignments and opportunities for growth and advancement. You will be responsible for activities such as performance development and appraisal, salary and manpower planning, and ensuring adherence to company policies. Being a member of the team, you will contribute significantly to the technical oversight of employees in support of their work assignments as well as be responsible for supporting a major program task within the Patriot program, including a possible leadership or key individual contributor role. The job requires a well-disciplined individual with a proven applicable technical background, who is able to thrive in a dynamic agile environment and is able to work well in a team setting. This position may require some travel.
––U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as within one year of employment.Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each employee has suitable work assignments and opportunities for growth and advancement
- Contribute to the technical oversight of employees in support of their daily work assignments
- Drive performance development and appraisal processes for the section
- Support salary and manpower planning
- Ensure the adherence to company policies and the communication of company and program information
- Support a major program task within the Patriot program
- Support to integration efforts and customer meetings, for which travel may be required
- Support to all phases of software development lifecycle, tools, and methodologies
- Line and / or project management experience
- 8+ years experience in software design and development activities
- Demonstrated software development skills with experience in the application of system simulation concepts
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience with Object-oriented languages, such as C++ or Ada
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM discipline - Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering or other related Engineering Discipline.
- US Citizenship is required
Keywords: C++, programming, clearance, software development, software integration, software simulationWhat’s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Experience in weapons systems software (Patriot, missiles, air defense)
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Team oriented
- Previous Section Manager experience
- Previous or current experience on Patriot program
- Raytheon EVMS certification
- Cost Account Manager experience
- Agile software development experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Effective presence and influential leadership capability, with the ability to interact with senior levels of leadership effectively – including customer, Raytheon teammates and suppliers
- Proven experience with software development techniques and tools
- Proven experience with development in embedded systems, including some, or all, of the following computer languages: C++ and Ada
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.