This position is for early career individuals who have less than 2 years of professional work experience and who will receive a degree during the current academic year or who received their degree within the last 18 months.
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems. Raytheon Missile Systems is responsible for the design, test, manufacture, and support weapon systems equipping the US warfighter and our international allies.
The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for the design, test, manufacture, and support of advanced electrical subsystems (target detection, target tracking, guidance, navigation, signal processing, and communication) to be utilized in extreme battle-field environments. The Electronics Product Development and Prototyping Department, a part of ESD, is currently searching for an entry-level engineer to work as a Tech Support Engineer I.
Responsibilities include one of the following:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Required Education/Skills:
- Performing electrical test of prototype electronics and troubleshooting to the component level utilizing schematics and test equipment.
- Identify, engage, and develop with Printed Circuit Board and Circuit Card Assembly suppliers.
- Create affordable, producible, and highly reliable design that meets the program’s delivery and milestone needs.
- Manage key engineering lab council strategic projects and day to day operational requirements within multiple engineering labs.
- Perform design of printed circuit board from conception to manufacturing including library part creation, schematic capture, component placement, routing, gerber / ODB++ file creation, and all documentation using the Mentor Graphics and BluePrint toolsets.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) per Raytheon guidelines and less than 18 months of professional engineering experience.
- Communication skills necessary to interface with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Location: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.Benefits:
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
- Capable of achieving alignment and collaboration between various disciplines in order to achieve organizational and programmatic objectives.
- Ability to work independently while establishing schedule and priority needs.
- Student Loan Debt Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Raytheon Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Please include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume.***
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.