What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Bring your talent and leadership to Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems’ Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) Center of Excellence. We have a high visibility opportunity for a 1st shift cell lead in our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) CCA factory. Overall responsibility for a manufacturing operations team consisting of 15-20 employees. Lead team in a fast paced and dynamic environment to ensure products meet contractual quality, cost, and delivery requirements by planning, organizing, and directing the flow of production. You will also be responsible for a safe work environment and will actively lead and engage in safety improvement projects.
Engage in daily interaction with other cross-business teams in IDS to maintain and meet organizational goals and objectives. These groups include: manufacturing engineering, maintenance, production control, finance and the program management office. Achieving/exceeding goals for cost, quality, delivery, safety. Identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies are critical performance criteria for this position.
In this role, you will support deployment of manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and metrics to accurately measure progress, identify root causes of failure modes, production capacity, quality and staffing issues and develop/implement corrective action plans.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include:
· Execution of schedule and cost
· Workforce planning and forecasting
· Employee hiring and training
· Time and attendance tracking
· Area layout and flow management
· Capital identification and control of overhead expenses
· Ensuring the enforcement of company policies and procedures
This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in production / manufacturing / operations or similar environments
- Previous leadership and management experience in manufacturing or similar environments.
- Experience with Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma or other similar process improvement methodologies
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Experience in circuit card assembly
- Experience utilizing lean manufacturing concepts with a proven track record of lean / six sigma implementation projects
- Basic knowledge/understanding of theory of constraints
- Previous experience supervising bargaining unit employees
- Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering experience in the aerospace/defense industry
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access)
- Ability to obtain a classified security clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- BS/BA in Operations/Manufacturing, Business, Engineering or any major related to the above job description or equivalent education and experience
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.