The Certified R6s Expert will report to the SAS R6s Director and will be responsible for the deployment of the R6s methodology across SAS, and occasionally at the Raytheon Enterprise level. The Expert will have experience using a wide variety of R6s tools, and will be capable of using the right tool for the situation. Flexibility to modify the use of tools and techniques to meet a specific issue is a key criterion for success. The Expert will be measured on impact to the business in terms of financial results, risk mitigation, and schedule performance. Keen influence skills are a must. This includes ability to interact with a broad population to include executives and Customers.
Other responsibilities will include the training and development of R6s Experts, Principal Specialists, and Specialists across SAS. The Expert is expected to educate, coach and mentor others in the use of R6s tools and processes. The successful candidate will act as a catalyst for change. The R6s Expert will identify and lead diagnostics as necessary to identify improvement opportunities within SAS. Work locations will span across SAS and may be focused in Forest, MS. If not located in Forest, MS the role will require travel up to 50% of the time.
• 10 years of experience in defense contracting, to include R6s.
• Trained R6s Expert with contingency to certify as a R6s Expert within one year of employment
• Demonstrated ability to interact with senior level management and leadership teams
• Demonstrated application and experience with R6s methodologies
• Capable of demonstrating some mastery level competencies on the R6s maturity model.
• Proven record of working across the value stream, to include customers and suppliers
• Skilled leader of teams
• Demonstrated understanding of R6s deployment, and converting strategies to implementations
• Broad and varied experience set of applying the R6s methodology in Engineering or Manufacturing environments
• Ability to travel up to 50% as project work requires
• Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance
• US Citizen
• R6s Expert Certification
• Secret security clearance or ability to get cleared
• Experience of applying R6s across the value stream and throughout the lifecycle of a program
• Recognized subject matter expertise within the R6s practice
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, quality, science, math or related technical discipline; or proven capability to work in technical engagements
• Master’s Degree in engineering, quality, science, math or business
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.