Unisys Corporation - Federal Systems (https://unisys-fed.jobs.net/)
full-time employee contract
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Mainframe Ops/App Support to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
• Provide support controlling, diagnosing, and resolving difficult problems that arise due to incorrect ECL coding/programming techniques.
• Provide IBM and Unisys Mainframe Operations/Application support including performing IPL in a highly-complex mainframe operating environment. Provide generalized expertise in OS2200, z/OS, and z/VM operating environments, JES2, JCL, and OpCon Unisys scheduling tool.
• Utilize a Windows-based personal computer workstation and the MS Office suite (Outlook, Excel, and Word), Internet browsers, Mainframe Terminal Emulation Software, and ITSM ticketing software.
• Provide support using standard tools (currently BMC Control Products Suite) for scheduling to include building, maintaining, and scheduling batch processing (to include complex system abend (error) recovery techniques). Provide real-time accurate monitoring and troubleshooting of multiple mainframe systems and applications.
• Conduct troubleshooting of mainframe application support issues in a manner that minimizes interruptions in the MLOB ability to provide customer support. The contractor shall work with government personnel, other contractors, MLOB management, and customer personnel to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of MLOB Operations and Application Support. Contractors shall support MLOB Ops/App Support tracking status of mainframe Change Management which include Change Requests and Authorized Service Interruptions (ASI).
• Monitor and maintain the stability of systems and resources in the MLOB Ops/App Support mainframe environment using performance/workload monitoring tools.
• Perform system issue/incident determination, resolution, and RCA (e.g.: job abends, system performance degradation, network monitoring/recovery, workload monitoring/recovery). Notification of problems come from several sources: customers, Global Service Desk Agents, Team Leaders or the Shift Supervisor. If the contractor is unable to resolve the problem within a 15 minute timeframe from receipt, the task order employee will escalate the issue to the Shift Supervisor.
• Conduct tape service support for external tape systems in the z/OS Mainframe environment, including tape movement from silo to silo and preparing/updating tape administration documentation.
• Provide status and activity reports on items of team activities. Attend and participate in meetings.
• Evaluate the customer’s mainframe processing requirements (e.g. scheduling requests, capacity concerns, and performance requirements) and comprehend/effectively communicate these requirements to customers and government employees (both orally and in writing).
• Troubleshoot problems to minimize interruptions in the customer's critical business activities. The contractor shall proactively identify and resolve system performance bottlenecks.
• Notify the customer of the following: acceptance, receipt of upgrades, and interruptions in service for upgrades/system patches.
• Provide follow-up during incident management including ITSM ticket updates, system documentation, and what steps were taken to fix the issue, especially concerning items that are reportable. Contacting the customer via phone/email may be required during incident management.
• Contact customer for required system reporting such as: unannounced outages, service interruptions, and system restoral. These must fall within customer requirements/standards/service level agreement (SLA).
• Provide the latest updates to any ongoing issues, possible workarounds, and incident resolutions to DISA Ecosystem, C2 cell, to the customer.
• Receive and disseminate appropriate notifications for ASI, product upgrades, software updates, and COOP exercises. This is done to inform both internal and external customers of potential changes in operational service.
• Support customer performance requirements and customer support policies/procedures in order to ensure that the customer’s SLA objectives are being achieved.
• Day Shift (0800-1600 ET) requires three (3) contractors; one contractor works Tuesday-Saturday Shift and two work Sunday-Thursday Shift. Swing Shift (1600-2400 ET) requires two (2) contractors; one contractor to work Tuesday-Saturday Shift and one to work Sunday-Thursday Shift. Grave Shift (0000-0800 ET) requires two (2) contractors; one contractor to work Tuesday-Saturday Shift and one to work Sunday-Thursday Shift. Swing and Grave Shift contractors work during non-core shift hours. All three shifts work Saturday and Sunday non-core days.
• Use government documented processes and procedures to download and install application releases.
• Use DISA approved tools and follow policies for Change, Incident and Service Requests.
• Create, delete, and modify application user accounts IAW access requests received by the mission partner and/or Terminal Area Security Officer.
Note: The contractor will work within an IBM and Unisys mainframe OS and environment to support customer processing, applications, and configurations
Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math and 1 year experience with an IT Service Desk/Service Operations experience or equivalent
Information assurance certification (A+, Security+) to perform information assurance functions IAW DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program. Reference Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) Clause 252.239.7001.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.