|Raytheon Missile Systems is the world’s largest missile producer responsible for the design, test, manufacturer, and support of weapon systems supporting our US warfighter and international allies. Every missile system produced by Raytheon contains a set of advanced and purpose designed electrical subsystems. These enable the guidance, navigation, signal processing, target detection and tracking system functions. The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) is responsible for all aspects of these subsystems design, test and production.|
As part of the Electrical Subsystems Directorate, you will be an integral part of helping Raytheon Missile Systems further our vision to be the global leader in core and next generation weapons and security solutions. By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.
We are looking for candidates willing to collaborate and coordinate with various Engineering Disciplines, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, and Engineering disciplines to design and test RF Subsystems. Qualified candidate must have experience with the development of RF circuits and subsystems. Knowledge of complex circuit card assemblies and electrical engineering skills (digital and/or analog) preferred.
- Design and oversight of RF Subsystem development activities
- Integration, test and design margin testing including troubleshooting hardware and process issues down to CCA and component levels
- Failure analysis / root cause determination and corrective action implementation
- Identifying and instantiating RF circuit card and subassembly design updates
- Working with a multi-disciplined Integrated Product Team to support hardware development and delivery activities
Location: Huntsville, AL. Some travel to suppliers may be required.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience supporting Production and/or Test of electrical RF sub-systems
- Knowledge of RF, analog, digital, and/or mixed signal circuit design and analysis
- Experience in analysis, test, measurement and/or integration of RF products and systems
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Experience performing electrical engineering design of CCA, EO or RF Seeker/Sensor, or electronic subsystem including; circuit design, CCA assembly, mechanical packaging of RF circuits, electrical test and production support
- Knowledge of RF design and development experience of transmitters, receivers, and exciters.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and technical skills with a desire to support enterprise initiatives
- Ability to perform trade studies to optimize system performance
- Experience utilizing Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Phase Noise Systems, Oscilloscopes, and related devices to troubleshoot hardware defects.
- Knowledge of printed circuit board fabrication and circuit card assembly processes and related industry specifications
- Experience with any of the following tools: Mentor Graphics Designer, PSPICE, System Vision, MATLAB, Mathcad, IDL, Computer Simulation Technologies (CST), Microwave Design Studio, High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS). SystemVue and Advanced Design System (ADS).
- Leadership of small technical teams, including technical oversight and direction, cost estimation, tracking& reporting, coordination and preparation of detailed technical team reports
- Experience in balancing technical rigor with cost and schedule constraints, and the ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-engineering personnel and management.
- Familiarity with missile communication transceivers and data links, inertial measurement units (IMU) and Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver subsystems
- Experience as a Cost Account Manager (CAM)
- Experience with qualification and/or design verification activities, including generation of test plans, execution, and documentation of results.
- Experience with test equipment, test automation scripting, test conduction, sensor control
- Experience with post test flight analysis
- Test problem investigation experience
- Experience in Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations
- Knowledge and experience proposing and implementing Engineering Change Notices
- Experience with characterizing and modeling RF signals of RF components and subsystems in simulation
- Experience in resolving production issues with suppliers and sub-tier suppliers
- Technical writing and formal presentation experience
- Experience in applying Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods in achieving production yield improvements
- Experience with RF signal processing and performance analysis, including knowledge of Phase Locked Loops (PLLs), Mixers, Spurs, Phase Noise, and related RF principles
- Experience working in a fast paced production environment, with the ability to quickly address urgent issues, balance priorities, and maintain progress on larger work efforts.