Cyber Solutions - Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)
One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place…..
Raytheon offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within Raytheon’s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS). The more than 1,100 employees of SADID provide requirements definition and design at the system, subsystem and component level every day in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. Supporting this mission are teams providing domain expertise and creative solutions in surveillance, naval and missile defense based radar system design, sonar and undersea sensor system design, integrated air and missile defense systems engineering, command and control/battle management system design, combat system and platform architecture design and integration, operational analysis and simulation modeling research and development, software intensive system engineering, cyber solutions and algorithm development for signal processing, tracking and discrimination systems. SADID welcomes you to join our tradition of achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity conducive to a flexible work schedule and environment.
Join this highly visible team and perform technically challenging assignments which will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
We are currently seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)to join the Systems Engineering team in the Boston area.
The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)will support programs, research efforts, and strategic initiatives in the areas of System Integrity, Cyber Technologies, and Information Assurance (IA). Typical responsibilities for the Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE)will require providing technical expertise in a multitude of protection areas, leadership, consultation, guidance, and support on technical initiatives, programs, and Business Development activities (to include solution development, compliance definition, threat and vulnerability determination).
- Minimum 10+ years of Technical (hands-on) experience related to Information Assurance/Cyber Engineering requirements, determination, development, and implementation
- Experience in security systems engineering involving various computer hardware and software operating system and application solutions in both a stand-alone and in LAN/WAN configurations
- Experience with security features and/or vulnerability of various operating systems as defined by NSA, NIST, DISA (STIGs) and USCYBERCOM.
- Experience with IA vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools; e.g., Retina, NMap, Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- Experience with information security toolset including anti-virus, Vulnerability Assessment, HIDS/ NIDS
- Active DoD Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship status is required) or obtain within 1 year from start date
- Experience with network and system security administration, including operating system security configuration and account management best practices for UNIX (HP-UX & Solaris), MS Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and CISCO system.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering requirements, specifications, and Experience implementing DoD and Federal IA Certification and Accreditation Processes, IA controls and developing and maintaining associated certification and accreditation documentation
- DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level-II Compliant Certification
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Familiar with NIST Risk Management Framework as described in NIST Special Publication 800-37
- Familiar with Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
- Security related Network (e.g., Cisco) and Operating Systems (e.g., Solaris) certification or training
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance or proven eligibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related discipline.
Keywords: cyber, cyber security, software, systems, engineer, architecture, requirements, determination, development, implementation, threat, anti-tamper, government, DoD, cryptography, cryptographic, C++, ada, cots, integrity, real-time, agile, expert
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more. What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.