Raytheon currently has an exciting IT position available that supports the Raytheon mission of making the world a safer place. We are seeking a System Administrator that will be working in a highly collaborative, multi-platform and multi–disciplined environment. The System Administrator must have the ability to obtain a top secret security clearance as they will be responsible for administering systems that contain classified data.
The candidate is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software related to a Windows infrastructure for both the classified and unclassified programs. Duties include, but are not limited to, desktop and workstation installation and configuration; hard disk cloning and imaging via Ghost, MDT, and other tools; hardware relocation; user accounts management; software installation and support; data backup and restoration and file and folder access management.
By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions. Besides supporting our noble mission and collaborating with diverse and talented individuals, other benefits at Raytheon include a flexible 9/80 schedule, technical training, career growth opportunities, new technology immersion, and a work site 3 miles from the beach, Los Angeles International Airport and minutes from the LA Metro green line train stop.
Raytheon has also been recognized for several prestigious awards including Fortune 500, Fortune’s Global 500, ComputerWorld’s “100 Best Places to Work in IT 2017,” and Human Rights Campaign 2017 “Best Place to Work” for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
The candidate’s roles and responsibilities include:
- Integrates multi-level security and insider threat mitigation technologies
- Develop infrastructure and service management concept of operations
- Develop and maintain automation capabilities to streamline and secure technical processes
- Administer backups and diagnose backup errors
- Maintain strict access control to all networks and IT infrastructures
- Manage client agents for server monitoring as well as agents for server management
- Proactively management of infrastructure to help maintain a healthy environment
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to 1st and 2nd level system administrators
- Maintain infrastructure security standards for all systems & employ security hardening techniques
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience with the following:
- UNIX and Linux systems
- VMware VSphere (ESXi, vCenter, etc)
- Systems deployment, administration, performance tuning, and monitoring
- Cross-domain solutions
- Hyperconverged infrastructure
- Familiar with Window Servers, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Network and infrastructure services such as domain controllers, global catalogs, DNS, and DHCP
- Infrastructure backup, restore, disaster recovery and business continuity
- Strong Window Severs, Active directory and Group Policy
- Crossed-domain solutions
- Multi-tenancy architecture knowledge
- Critical thinking – ability to solve technical problems independently and with collaborative teams
- Proven understanding of datacenter concepts and technologies
- Ability to effectively provide direction for a multi-disciplined IT team to product infrastructure solutions for large-scale, complex systems
- Effective written and interpersonal communication
- Leading large scale data center integration/migration project
- U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position will require the ability to Access US Only Data Systems.
- U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position needs an Active U.S. Security Clearance as of Day One of Employment.
Minimum Education Required:
- Cloud computing (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with the following Microsoft technologies:
- SCCM, KMS, MDT, and WSUS
- Exchange and Lync
- Windows Desktops (Windows XP, 7, 10)
- Familiarity with Splunk & Centrify products
- CompTIA Security+ certification or other industry-recognized certifications relevant to a Windows System Administrator
- Experience with Solaris 10
- BASH Scripting
- Familiar with Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CFEngine, etc
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- ITIL Foundations and/or ITIL Service Operations
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years related experience
- or in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree, a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.