The Whole Life Systems Engineering (WLSE) Directorate is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable, under configuration control and delivered on time. WLSE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLSE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. We are focused in two main areas, product support and technical data support. In the product support area, the disciplines are reliability, system safety and supportability. On the technical data side, the main disciplines are configuration management, software configuration management, and data management.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to serve as the Department Manager (DM) for the Reliability Engineering (RE) Department.
The Reliability Engineering Department Manager is responsible for RMS product reliability throughout the product life cycle. As such, the RE DM interacts with customer counterparts, customer and Raytheon program offices, and other Engineering disciplines. This position's responsibilities span all stages of the life cycle from conceptual design to demilitarization of the products.
As department manager, your tasks will include:
The successful RE DM candidate will have extensive experience in the Reliability Engineering discipline, strong communication skills, the ability to balance priorities, and communicate expectations at all levels in the organization to ensure alignment. The candidate will also have demonstrated experience across the entire breadth of the engineering lifecycle, from proposals and technology development through engineering and manufacturing development, into production and sustainment. The RE DM is responsible for driving reliability into RMS products via the aforementioned tasks as well as ensuring that programs are executing in a manner that affordably protects both the warfighters and the Raytheon brand. As a member of the WLSE leadership team, the RE DM is expected to collaborate with their peers on developing broad solutions that integrate and improve all Whole Life Systems Engineering disciplines.The successful RE DM candidate will have a strong vision for the future of both the organization and the discipline as well as a strategy for realizing that vision. In addition, the candidate should have a proven ability to define improvement projects and successfully lead them to completion, leadership experience on both the functional and program dimensions of this business, experience related to the development of reliable products, and experience in leading large teams. These abilities form a desirable experiential base for this role. He or she will interact effectively with program and functional leadership.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within day 1 of employmentRequired Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Ensuring adequacy and execution of the RMS Reliability Program and representing RMS to programs and customer community
- Establishing the vision and strategy for the discipline, and developing and executing plans to attain strategy
- Balancing technical rigor with affordability and speed for program execution, proposals, and reviews
- Providing apprenticeships, training and performance development for Reliability Engineers
- Defining technical direction, technologies, processes and enablers for Reliability Engineering
- Defining and executing workforce planning needs based on multiple programs being executed over the life cycle
- Managing performance development of the department to include goal setting, career counseling, coaching, compensation planning, and employee career development
Desired Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Existing DoD Secret clearance with ability to secure and maintain SAP/SAR accesses
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or Technology
- Twelve (12) years of engineering experience, to include program and functional leadership roles as evidence of a strong technical and management background (ten years with a Master’s Degree)
- Direct experience with, and familiarity of Reliability Engineering standards, processes, and tools
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing Reliability Program Plans encompassing reliability analyses, software reliability, reliability growth, and reliability testing
- Demonstrated business acumen; capable of balancing engineering rigor with affordability and schedule constraints
- Proven people management skills; demonstrated commitment and ability to use robust goals management and accountability to help team members and the organization realize maximum potential
Check us out on You Tube:This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. This position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or Technology
- Program experience as a Reliability Engineer, driving architectures that include Design for Reliability and Design for Safety requirements
- Demonstrated understanding of RMS products and processes including other WLSE disciplines
- Excellent cross-boundary communication skills (verbal and written), organizational, and people skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; a highly motivated self-starter, including ability for sound decision making and creative problem solving
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.