KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
Sr. Operations Manager
Reports to the Sr. Program Manager of the KBR Assurance Services (KAS) group that provides quality inspection, audit and engineering services as part of supplier oversight of HON-Aerospace suppliers and other customers as well as counterfeit-parts-prevention, program/project management and quality engineering.
This Sr. Operations Manager position leads a team of quality engineers, auditors, analysts and an admin. This manager will work closely with and back up the Sr. Operations Manager who oversees quality inspections that ensure the compliance of hardware purchased from our customer’s suppliers; this inspection team prevents escapes to customer factories. The proper management of these functions, processes and resources enables the KAS team to remain in compliance with customer and regulatory requirements as well as meet cost, delivery, quality, productivity, Voice-Of-the-Customer (VOC), and growth objectives.
Areas of Responsibility
Manage the Business:
- Manage a diverse team of engineers, auditors, analysts and an admin to meet customer and internal business needs.
- Manage personnel activities including, but not limited to: hiring and managing resources, leading staff and tier board meetings, dispatching of remote employees, conducting tactical administration activities, and other tasks as assigned.
- Prepare proposals, basis of estimates (BOE), statements of work (SOW) and conduct pricing activities in the deployment of resources
- Track and report financial and program performance tied to this area of responsibility; align reporting and improvement efforts with peer Sr. Operations Manager over Inspection function.
- Present and review Key Process Indicators (KPIs) with customers; develop and implement improvement plans when KPIs or other performance measures don’t meet customer or internal expectations.
- Meet financial AOP targets such as revenue, operating and job income, and past dues. Meet operational goals such as quality, delivery, VOC, Work-At-Risk (WARs), safety, and hiring fill time. Follow and improve Management Operating System (MOS) to monitor and control overall performance.
Grow the Business :
- Identify growth opportunities and develop those opportunities into revenue; includes creation of proposals (including pricing), followed by implementation and proper execution after winning.
- Manage risks and opportunities for potential revenue.
Oversee the Quality Management System (QMS) and group resources :
- Maintain the KAS Quality Management System (QMS) to meet AS9100 requirements.
- Oversee the work instructions, standard work, and training of resources.Apply six sigma techniques for continuous improvements.
- Improve capability and effectiveness of resources to meet business goals through training, standard work, development plans for future leaders, and tiered/monthly meetings. Take corrective actions for those not meeting expectations.
Enable growth & improved performance :
- Develop and improve enablers for growth, performance and customer experience.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or technical discipline required with a minimum 15 years of relevant Engineering, Program Management, Quality Assurance or Operations experience with a track record of delivering successful program and business results, 5 of which should be in management; in lieu of formal education, 18 years of total related experience.
- U.S. Citizenship Status required due to client contracts, as this position will require the ability to access US Only Data Systems
- Prefer 2 years of negotiation experience and proven ability to influence others, especially leaders.
Knowledge & Skills
- Prefer at least 3 years’ experience following KBR's Client Aerospace Supplier Quality processes and knowledge of client flow down requirements as documented in their Supplementary Purchase Order Conditions (SPOC) manual.
- Knowledge and experience with inspection processes and requirements; preferably with inspections of appropriate parts.
- Ability to work effectively with internal functions like finance, pricing, human resources and contracts, and with customers to achieve successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to effectively lead and energize cross-functional teams and diverse organizations.
- Self-confident with a strong sense of urgency and knowledge on how to overcome obstacles to get things done in a timely fashion.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions and take quick actions to execute.
- Required: experience using Six Sigma/Lean tools.
- Desired: Green/Black Belt or Lean Certified.
Attributes for Success
- Maintain a multi-faceted skill set to effectively address each area described in the Job Description
- Strong background in Quality and Business, with attention to detail with verbal and written communication
- Effectively operate in a fast-paced environment, supporting OEM Manufacturing quality, financial and delivery goals.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and work with Sr. Program Manager, peer Managers, support functions, Customers and employees to establish priorities
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Operations Support
Primary Location: US-US-AZ-Phoenix
Other Locations: US-US-CA-Los Angeles, US-US-TX-Dallas
Req ID: 1085366