This individual will be working in a team environment producing precision optical components used in various applications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Fabrication of precision windows and lenses including the operation of pitch continuous polishers, and multi-spindle polishers; working with double sided laps and polishers and interferometers. Clean, inspect, and package optical windows and lenses using established procedures. Experience working with Ge, MsZnS, and other optical materials.Inspect parts using micrometers, dial indicators, test plates, Zygo & White Lite interferometers.Job requires standing 80-90% and walking short distances 10-20%, bending at the waist 20%, lifting and/or carrying < 15lbs.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing and/or operating CNC equipment
· Knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word and Excel
· Candidate must be willing to work 3rd shift.
· Experience working with CNC Optical equipment.
· 10 years experience operating conventional and CNC Optical equipment
· Experience inspecting optical components using an interferometer and profilometer
· Experience with OptiPro Generators and Polishers
· Experience producing flats, spherical, and a-spherical surfaces
· CNC Programming Skills
· Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Required Education (including Major):
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Technical School / Optician Certifications
· Associates Degree
This position can be Production Associate Senior or Production Associate Specialistbased on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.