Date of last activity: 9/10/2019
Principal FPGA Design Engineer
We are currently seeking a Principal FPGA Design Engineer with strong FPGA design and architecture experience to join the MFRFS Product Line in McKinney, TX. The MFRFS product line utilizes state-of-the-art technologies and real time computing architectures to provide next-generation radar capabilities to our customers.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic, inclusive, and growing professional organization? Then you may want to join the Multi-function RF Systems (MFRFS) Product Line. The MFRFS Product Line is unique because the small but agile team is simultaneously working in all phases of the program lifecycle (proposal, design/development, production, and sustainment). The MFRFS Product Line is a rapid-prototype development and build environment that allows Raytheon to send much needed radar products to the warfighter for battlefield protection and situational awareness.
As a Principal FPGA Design Engineer, you will lead the FPGA architecture and development on a new product in the MFRFS Product Line. You will solve complex technical problems and provide highly innovative and ingenious solutions in the areas of radar digital control system design and integration, FPGA/CPLD design, while developing advanced technological solutions and guiding their development into a final product. Other responsibilities include task management and architectural development of digital subsystems. The Principal FPGA Design Engineer must have demonstrated the ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts. The ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is required.
- 8+ years applicable experience required
- Experience translating system performance and operational specifications into hardware requirements, design, and test to specifications
- Experience with VHDL or Verilog hardware description languages
- Experience with Intel (Altera) Quartus, Microsemi Libero, and/or Xilinx Vivado Integrated Development Environments
- Experience with FPGA simulation, regression testing, verification, and system integration
- Experience leading a development team
- Experience with simulation tools, integration, test and analysis of complex systems and sub-systems
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Required Education (including Major):
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related STEM field; Master’s degree preferred
- General knowledge of radar signal processing and previous experience working with radar systems
- Experience with MathWorks Matlab, MathWorks Simulink, Xilinx System Generator and/or Altera DSP Builder
- Experience with high speed data link design (PCIe, 1/10/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet)
- Experience with data converter interfaces and control
- Experience with advanced technology development and transitioning from development to production
- Integration and test experience in a hardware/software laboratory environment using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and lab test equipment to test and verify the functions of digital and mixed signal circuits and systems
- Requirements test planning and sell off
KEYWORDS: design, test, troubleshooting, digital signal processing, integration, FPGA, board design, embedded systems, simulation, analysis, MATLAB, DSP, Simulink, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, architecture
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.