Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) has an exciting opportunity for an entry level Software Engineer to join our team in support of the Air Operations Center Weapon System (AOC WS) Long-Term Modification and Sustainment (LTM&S) program. The AOC WS is used by the Joint Forces Air Component Commander (JFACC) to prosecute integrated air tasking’s for a given theater of operations in support of the combatant commander’s mission. Of the over 20 AOCs across the globe, the integration of the weapon system is conducted in Hampton, Virginia, at the US Air Force customer site. This position is located in Newport News, VA.
This chosen entry level Software Engineer will be under the tutelage of a well-seasoned program engineer to follow a program of exposure to software engineering concepts, procedures, and direct support to the AOC Production Center (PC). The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of software programming, computer science, engineering, and/or mathematics. The candidate will work with software engineers, integrators, testers, and customers to help design, develop and support software applications throughout the modernization and sustainment lifecycle. We are looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic and energetic and able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, and sometimes pressured environment as a team player welcoming team success. Start your career and grow with the best of the best!
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
Security Clearance and other Requirements:
- Working in a teamwork setting on software and integration
- Supporting development and integration of new software functionality
- Ability to learn to leverage previously written code, making modifications as necessary
- Follow established SW processes and procedures.
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet the requirements to obtain and maintain a government security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Current Security+ certification or ability to obtain the Security+ certification within 120 days of hire
- Expected travel is up to 10%.
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design using Java
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows OS based development.
- Virtual Machine and Virtual Server concepts
- AWS or equivalent
- Deploying/Implementing Agile DevOps processes/tools/environments
- Coursework in basic software design theory and process.
- Proficiency in Windows and/or Linux
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Professional self-starter harboring a positive attitude
- Must possess a proven ability to work independently, collaboratively and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment as well as strong customer support skills and strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn program/organizational processes and procedures and able to provide recommended improvements to both
- Coursework in Software discipline process development and deployment
- Customer interaction and end-user engagement.
- Integrating software (modules, components, subsystems).
- An understanding of Agile DevOps teaming to accomplish automation of the processes using integrated tools
- Preparing and presenting status information and technical material
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering (Aerospace, Computer, Environmental, Systems), Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related STEM or engineering related scientific discipline.
- The degree must have been obtained within the last 18 months or by December 2019.
- A GPA of 3.0+ is highly desired
- Please include your GPA and transcript with your resume
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.