General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
West Des Moines
We are currently recruiting for a Software Engineer in our West Des Moines, IA office. This candidate would join a dynamic application development team in building strategic web solutions that assist in meeting our customers’ needs.
What You'll Do
As a Software Engineer for GDIT, you will create exciting applications by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces hosted in the Cloud.
In addition, you will:
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements changes to new and existing solutions
- Performs unit testing of code to assure the delivery of a product that meets the user’s specifications
- Provides technical advice to technical leads, assisting them with high level planning and cost justifications
- Provides guidance and leadership to less experienced team members
- Leads project efforts, ensuring project requirements and timelines are met
We need an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
We also require:
- 2+ years of Java/Java EE web development experience
- Experience in SQL programming
- Strong communication skills, a strong team player; able to accept and deliver ambiguous tasks
- Ability to contribute unsolicited ideas with the team for continuous improvement
- Experience working as a member of a Scrum development team
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced, fun environment
- Must be able to work closely with all project stakeholders
- A demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed
Other preferred experience:
- Experience developing with frameworks such as Spring Framework, MyBatis and/or Hibernate Framework
- Experience working with Apache Maven projects
- Experience working with Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with cloud platforms and services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience working on projects with stakeholders located in multiple locations
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.