General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
General Dynamics Information Technology premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. delivers cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems.
We are currently seeking an Incident Handler in Leesburg, VA to join our brilliant team. The Incident Handler supports a Civilian Agency Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) organization protecting the network security of tens of thousands of users.
The Information Systems Security Analyst Associate responsibilities include:
• Receive, document, and report cyber security events.
• Categorize incidents and implement corresponding escalation procedures.
• Communicate and coordinate incident response efforts.
• Conduct daily operational update meetings for SOC staff and unscheduled situational update briefings for FAA leaders.
• Analyze reports to understand threat campaign(s) techniques, lateral movements and extract indicators of compromise (IOCs).
• Provide telephone, e-mail and ticket service to customers.
• Reference applicable departmental and operating administration policies in work products
• Access, secure and inspect local classified information processing areas.
Qualities/Additional info: Incident Handler will maintain twenty four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, three hundred sixty five (365) days per year, incident handling capability. Incident Handler must be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills. Incident Handler must be capable of working on projects independently. Frequent interaction with government client is required. Candidate must have previous experience working in a network security incident response team, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC). Infrequent (
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
- Minimum four (4) years IT experience, with at least one of those years related to network security
Secret clearance required
• Experience with intrusion detection systems and threat techniques. (Lateral Movement, Rootkits & Toolkits.
• Experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
• Experience with business process reengineering, capability maturity model, change management, or process improvement.
• Exceptional writing and documentation skills.