At Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), we transform data into intelligence. As a leading systems and solutions provider of intelligence, security, and advanced information technologies to government customers in the United States and internationally, IIS provides the right knowledge at the right time, enabling our customers to make timely and accurate decisions to achieve mission goals of national significance.
Bring your talent and skills to the Raytheon IIS engineering team!
We have an urgent need working with industry partners for a Principal Software Engineer with a background as a Solutions Architect who loves working directly with customers and does not mind frequent travel to various locations within the United States. The ideal candidate would enjoy:
The candidate will be:
- Being a hands-on architect
- Being customer facing, passionate, curious, engaging
- Working on small, focused projects (typically 6 or 10 weeks)
- Transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language and framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns and practices
- Coaching and mentoring customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people with the use of agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD
- Providing feedback on – and contributions to – the Spring and Cloud Foundry open source projects, potentially becoming a core committer
- Assisting customers in migrating existing apps to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Modernizing customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and app architecture techniques
- Working with customers to architect and build new cloud native apps
- Becoming an agent of change within customer organizations
- Willing to travel and work on-site with customers
- Interested in learning new skills through collaboration and hand-on training
Experience building enterprise applications, including integration with COTS systemsDesired Skills:
- Experience as a solutions architect
- Java expert, with experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot; strong background with Spring and related projects
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based application architectures
- Cloud development experience needed
- Microservice experience needed
- Agile practitioner, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques
- Experience or desire to work in a pair programming environment
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time within the United States but would be home for weekends.
- Home base work location could be in Herndon VA or at any Raytheon IIS site within the United States
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Great written and verbal communicator, capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- Have an understanding of – or implementation experience in – building Twelve-Factor applications, and using Domain Driven Design
- A polyglot programmer (JavaEE, C/C++/C#, Go, experience)
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes
Clearance Requirements: Current Secret Clearance required.
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor of Science in one of the following: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.