Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of the advanced electrical scanned radar (APG-79 AESA) sensor system for the U.S. Navy’s F/A-18 Aircraft and Air Force’s F/A-15 Aircraft. This AESA Systems provides the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The SEIT RF Systems Department supports the development of new capabilities and this key contributor will interface with the Chief engineer and program office on the APG-79/82 systems during development and sell off.
The Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) organization is seeking engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective Verification and Validation solutions.
The activities and requirements in this job include:
- Provide technical leadership in advanced radar systems development engineering.
- Work closely with engineering functional and technical management to ensure on time deliveries
- EVMS certified required and needs to be able to present financial status.
- Experience with government programs.
- Experience with lab processes and hardware testing.
- Experienced at leading hardware, and software integration and system verification efforts necessary for the efficient sell-off of advances radar systems.
- This role will be the primary technical point of contact for the engineering issues related to the cost and schedule performance on a development effort. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to ensure that issues are addressed immediately and corrective actions are implemented expeditiously.
- Performs system testing, test reporting, updating of test procedures and generation of sell-off reports and earned value reporting. Knowledgeable in systems engineering and IV&V engineering principles. Ability to work in a high paced, high demand laboratory factory shift environment. The candidate will need to understand the verification of system as well as software requirements.
- Must have existing DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance and/or a SSBI/Special Access clearance
- Minimum of 8 years work related experience
- Experience with AESA Radar systems and relevant experience with AESA Radar system integration, test, verification and validation
- Experience executing and integration and test procedures on radar systems
- Experience supporting testing of AESA Radars in the lab
- Experience investigating software stability issues, flight test problem reports, and developing solutions to the problems
- Experience parsing, reducing, transferring radar flight test and integration data in a classified environment
- Proven technical competence in a complex system development environment
- Very strong organization, coordination, planning and teaming skills
- US Citizenship
- Work in a development environment involving Hardware/Software and familiar with radar testing.
- The position requires a solid understanding of test automation, and troubleshooting.
BS Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline.Desired Education:
MS Degree in Engineering Math or Science or related Technical degree.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.