This position supports Raytheon's DOMino contract, a single-award IDIQ worth over $1 billion. This contract delivers full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced cyber threats. Under this contract, Raytheon will support the government in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for the NCPS. Raytheon will build the mission critical cybersecurity solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat warnings and improve information sharing across DHS's stakeholder community.
The Windows Exchange Systems Administrator maintains, designs, develops, implements and optimizes an Enterprise Exchange based messaging system to ensure uninterrupted electronic communications with applications and users. This also includes smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
Responsibilities also include:
• Participate in a 24x7 schedule
• Operate and maintain all Production, Pre-Production, and Development systems in a Windows environment.
• Perform Exchange System Administration activities to include monitoring and management of system resources (CPU, memory, disk, etc), monitoring and auditing system logs, back-up and recovery, continuity of operations, security, and managing operating systems.
• Implement and monitor the Enterprise Windows Exchange Servers testing and installation of patches, updates, additional tools and future versions of all software on a regular basis.
• Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert (ICVAs).
• Perform Systems Lifecycle management including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software.
• Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs.
• Develop technical documentation, including CONOPS, user guides, test plans, and other CDRL items.
•Must have a current Top Secret Clearance with SSBI within the last five years and must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. Must be able to obtain DHS suitability prior to starting employment.
•Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, 2016, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
•Knowledgeable and experience in application of STIGs to secure Windows services and applications.
•Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc.
•Microsoft Windows server and client administration (Windows 2012, Windows 2016, Microsoft Exchange Server 2016). SQL Server, Altiris, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), SharePoint Server, McAfee, VMware knowledge is a plus.
•4+ years of experience as an Exchange Administrator and/or Engineer in an enterprise environment. Advanced experience with Microsoft Windows Server .
•Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and instructions.
•Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
•Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment as needed.
Desired Certification(s): Applicable Microsoft certifications (Examples: MCSE, MCSA).
Required Education (including Major):
•Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or related degree and a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
•A Master's degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience.
•A PhD may substitute for four (4) years of experience.
•Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
This position requires a U.S. Person Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization 148163
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.