This position is for early career individuals who have less than 2 years of professional work experience and who will receive a degree during the current academic year or who received their degree within the last 18 months.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Missile Systems is a technology and innovation leader in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions thanks to employees who live our Values of Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability. Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems
Project Test Engineers (PTE) are part of a manufacturing team who support the test process through one or more phases of the product life cycle, including product development, transition to production, sustained production and depot activities. PTE validates and ensures compliance of the prime hardware to technical data package requirements and supporting test equipment. Performs troubleshooting and problem solving of test failures. Identifies opportunities in test processes to improve efficiency, yields, and capacity.
- Validate new or modified test equipment for production use.
- Ensure the operation of test equipment and associated work instructions are accurate.
- Ensure test equipment and software meet the test requirements specified for the product.
- Monitor and improve the test process through analysis of predictive metrics of trends, failure modes, and test yields.
- Develop test flows and contribute to test capacity analysis.
- Maintain changes to the test equipment technical data package which includes drawings, test instructions, test position manuals, and system software.
- Assist in non-routine fault isolation, diagnosis and repair of the product or test equipment.
- Lead root cause and corrective action investigations and present findings.
- Provide technical training in both product and test equipment to production test specialists and metrology personnel.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in STEM fields: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, or closely related field
- Have the ability to obtain a final DoD SECRET security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Working Environments:This position involves direct support of manufacturing activities and requires spending time in and around factory areas.Clearance:This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Location: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson is a community with a growing metropolitan region. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful cacti, and some unique wildlife, Tucson is recognized as one of America’s 10 best small cities. Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.Benefits:
- Experience/education in advanced electronics/electrical engineering, or basic mechanical engineering, or basic computer programming.
- Experience/education with interpretation of technical documentation
- Experience/education with project executionMachine design experience
- Automation design experience
- Experience with hands-on hardware integration and troubleshooting
- Experience in Manufacturing environment
- Experience/education with technical writing
- Available to cover additional shifts including some weekend work
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Student Loan Repayment Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K –Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.